Legal & General
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
AXA and Nordea among 100 investors urging companies to increase global working conditions disclosure
"Companies urged to increase workforce disclosure to improve global working conditions"...
Author: Jennifer Thompson, Financial Times
"Investors demand more information on labour practices", 2 July 2017...
Author: CORE, Anti-Slavery International, Unicef UK, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related stories: 4 short briefings released for businesses & investors on reporting requirements under UK Modern Slavery Act
- Related in-depth areas: Modern Slavery Registry powered by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related companies: AB InBev UK (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) ASOS British Land British Sky Broadcasting Burberry Debenhams Experian John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership Legal & General Marks & Spencer Mothercare Nando's National Grid Nationwide Building Society Nintendo Renault Vodafone Wockhardt
Analysis shows only a hanfdul of company statements are meeting the Act’s requirements, majority lack adequate information
Commentary: If companies want to be responsible on tax, they need to make a clear & unequivocal statement
Author: Michael Solomon, Responsible 100, on Crowd (UK)
"Are we entering the responsible tax era?", 14 Jul 2016...
Investors with $6 trillion in assets back shareholder resolution calling on ExxonMobil to disclose climate risks for its business
"Investors with $6 trillion in assets back ExxonMobil climate change resolution: UK Church fund', 12 Apr 2016...
- Related stories: Shareholder resolution calls on ExxonMobil to disclose climate risks for its business
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Mitigation
- Related companies: AXA BNP Paribas ExxonMobil Legal & General
Author: Damian Carrington & Caelainn Barr, Guardian (UK)
"Coal crash: how pension funds face huge risk from climate change", 15 Jun 2015...
- Related stories: Studies reveal risks investors face due to climate change
- Related companies: Aberdeen Asset Management Adani Group Allianz Alpha Natural Resources APG Arch Coal AXA BlackRock BNP Paribas Capital Group Consol Energy Evraz J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Legal & General PGGM Rio Tinto Sasol State Street UBS Vale Vanguard
Report assesses financial institutions' responsibility to respect human rights: Case study on extractives
Author: Dutch Fair Bank Guide & Dutch Fair Insurance Guide
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited ABN Amro, Allianz, APG, CNPC, Delta Lloyd, Generali, GlencoreXstrata, ING, Legal & General, ONGC, Rabobank, Shell to respond - responses & non-responses provided.] In December 2013, the...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: ABN Amro Aegon APG ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) Barrick Gold China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Freeport-McMoRan Glencore Glencore Xstrata (now Glencore) Goldcorp ING Legal & General ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Posco Rabobank Shell SNS Reaal Trafigura Beheer Triodos Bank Vedanta Resources
- Related in-depth areas: Report assesses financial institutions' responsibility to respect human rights: Case study on extractives
- This is a response from the following companies: Legal & General
Author: Survival International
[El Centro de Información sobre Empresas y Derechos Humanos invitó a Pacific Rubiales a responder; la respuesta está abajo] Una tribu amazónica ha dirigido un llamamiento urgente a los accionistas del gigante petrolero canadiense-colombiano Pacific...