Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in China
Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) ranks 100 brands on environmental supply chain performance in China
On October 22, 2015, the Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) released its ranking of 167 brands on their environmental supply chain performance in China. The image shows the top 10 companies in the 2015 ranking - for the full ranking see...
China: Danwatch investigations found forced interns at Wistron - manufacturer of HP, Dell & Lenovo servers - companies respond
Danwatch has investigated the supply chain of servers bought by European universities and found that...tens of thousands of Chinese students are sent by their schools - many of them forced, on irrelevant internships to the assembly lines of electronic...
Author: Boursier.com (France)
« Euronext et Vigeo créent un nouvel indice ESG dédié au marché des Pays Emergents », 23 juin 2015...
- Related companies: Aditya Birla Group AngloGold Ashanti Aspen Pharmacare Ayala Barloworld BMCE (Banque Marocaine du Commerce Extérieur) Cairn Energy Cementos Argos Cemex Chunghwa Telecom Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Exxaro Foschini Fresnillo Gold Fields Hankook Tire Hellenic Telecommunication Organisation (see OTE) Hindalco (part of Aditya Birla Group) Hindustan Unilever Impala Platinum Infosys ITC Kumba Iron Ore Lenovo LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Liberty National Life Insurance (part of Torchmark) Lonmin Maroc Telecom MOL (see Mitsui O.S.K. Lines or Magyar Olaj Gazi) Natura Nedbank Nestlé NYSE Euronext Pegatron PTT PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP, part of PTT) Reliance Industries Samsung Sanlam Siam Cement Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Telefónica Tractebel (part of GDF Suez) Unilever Vigeo Wipro Woolworths Holdings
Author: Mark Hodge, Global Business Initiative on Human Rights
On June 1st, Ed Potter, Director of Global Workplace Rights at The Coca-Cola Company retires. In order to mark the occasion of Ed's retirement, a number of business leaders wanted to express their appreciation for his contribution to the agenda and to...
- Related stories: Reactions to the retirement of Ed Potter, Director of Global Workplace Rights at Coca-Cola
- Related in-depth areas: Food & beverage Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: ABB General Electric HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Kimberly-Clark Lenovo Levi Strauss Microsoft Motorola Mobility (part of Lenovo) Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Shell Total Unilever Walt Disney
Author: Brot für Alle, Hightechrating CH
Im vorliegenden Firmenrating wurde das unternehmerische Handeln (Corporate Social Responsibility CSR) der für die Schweiz wichtigsten Hersteller von IT-Produkten bewertet. Die Untersuchung deckt die Themenbereiche Arbeitsrechte, Umwelt und...
Author: SACOM (Hong Kong)
…SACOM conducted an investigative research towards the labour condition in Hong Kong-owned Apple supplier – Biel Crystal’s Huizhou factory and discovered numerous labour abuses and violation of Chinese Labour Law. SACOM decided to publish the...
Netsweeper’s silence on its reported role in Pakistan’s internet filtering program - Business & Human Rights Resource Centre writes to Canadian Government and Netsweeper partners
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In June 2013 Citizen Lab at the University of Toronto reported that technology developed by the Canadian company Netsweeper is “being implemented in Pakistan…for the purposes of political and social filtering.” This is despite an international campaign...
- Related in-depth areas: Information technology - allegations and responses Netsweeper’s silence on its reported role in Pakistan’s internet filtering programme
- Related companies: Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) IBM Intel Lenovo Netsweeper Nokia
Author: UN Conference on Trade and Development
UNCTAD hosted its first Global CSR Retreat…bringing together 27 corporate social responsibility (CSR) professionals from 18 countries for a…peer-to-peer learning event. Participants shared best practices on sustainable business with their peers from...