Lev Leviev Group
Headquarters in Israel & Occupied Palestinian Territories
(click here for an explanation)
Author: Adi Ben-Israel, Globes [Israel]
UK investment firm BlackRock...denied reports by..."Norwatch" that it sold its stake in Africa-Israel Investments...because of the company's activity in the West Bank...building homes in Maaleh Adumim...BlackRock did not deny that it had sold its...
- Related stories: BlackRock divests from Africa-Israel allegedly due to firm's involvement in West Bank settlement construction
- Related companies: Africa Israel BlackRock Lev Leviev Group Storebrand
Author: Erik Hagen, Norwatch
The British bank BlackRock has divested from Lev Leviev settlement projects on West Bank. The divestment follows pressure by three Norwegian banks marketing BlackRock funds...the British Embassy in Tel Aviv...[refrained from] occupying a building owned...
Author: Barak Ravid, Haaretz [Israel]
The British embassy in Tel Aviv has stopped negotiations to lease a floor in Africa-Israel's Kirya Tower because of the company's role in West Bank settlement construction. Africa-Israel is owned by Lev Leviev...After the planned move was publicized.....
Author: Matt Kennard, Comment Factory
Since last year activists outside [Lev Leviev's] New York City store, and most recently at his London branch, have picketed against the owner, Lev Leviev...His mining practices in Angola...have involved, they assert, the use of agencies that violate...
"I was beaten until I fainted. When I return to consciousness it was dark. The next day I crawled back." Testimonies from the mine in which Leviev is a partner [Angola]
Author: Itai Ro, Globes (Israel’s Business Arena) [Article translated from Hebrew for Adalah-NY by Rann Bar-on]
Deloy Mpemba lives in Luremo...Nearby is mine operated by...Luminas - a partnership between Leviev, the Angola National Diamond Industry and a local retired general...Locals, who search for diamonds to avoid starvation are designated 'pirate miners'....
Author: Yossi Nissan, Globes [Israel]
Lev Leviev Group has a stake in the Luminas diamond mine in Angola [and has denied all involvement in recent riots and repression]
Though unreported in english media, portuguese-language reports from Angola document that a rebellion last week against diamond mining companies in the Cuango municipality in northeast Angola was repressed brutally by mining companies’ private security...
- Related stories: Tumulto no Cuango faz um morto – PN [Angola]
- Related in-depth areas: Private military & security companies
- Related companies: Alfa 5 Endiama (Empresa Nacional de Diamantes de Angola) Lev Leviev Group Luminas (Sociedade Mineira de Luminas) (joint venture Lev Leviev, Endiama & Twins Ltd) Odebrecht SDM (Sociedade de Desenvolvimento Mineiro de Angola) (joint venture Odebrecht & Endiama)