Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Author: Frank Thorp V & Elizabeth Chuck, NBC News
A group of 145 CEOs from some of the largest companies in America have sent a letter to senators demanding they pass stronger gun control laws, calling firearm violence "a public health crisis that demands urgent action." The letter, signed by the...
Lesotho: Women's rights alliance group pressures Taiwanese factory into pact to end gender-based sexual harassment & violence at its plants
Author: Mark Gruenberg, Peoplesworld (USA)
‘Groups force Lesotho clothing factories owner to end gender-based violence’ 3 September 2019...
Better Buying releases 2019 index report, based on supplier evaluations of textile companies' purchasing practices
Author: Better Buying
"Better Buying Index Report, 2019", 3 September 2019...
- Related companies: adidas AMES Australasia Bass Pro Shops Benetton Bestseller Blancheporte Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) Brooks Running (Brooks Sports, Inc.) Burberry Carrefour Cato Celio Sourcing Ltd Charles Tyrwhitt Shirts Debenhams Destination Maternity Edinburgh Woollen Mill Eileen Fisher Expresso Fashion Fashion Pool GmbH Frankonia Handels GmbH & Co. KG G-Star Raw Helly Hansen HEMA Hobbs Hugo Boss J.Crew John Lewis Partnership JP Boden & Co Just Brands Karen Millen Kmart Australia (part of Wesfarmers) Kroger Levi Strauss LPP Spółka Akcyjna Mammut Sports Group Masai Clothing Company Mountain Equipment Co-op Nike No Ordinary Designer Label (part of Ted Baker) Nordstrom O'Neill Otto Peek & Cloppenburg/Van Graaf Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Rapha Racing Reiss Rohan Schijvens Confectiefabriek Hilvarenbeek B.V. Seasalt Sugartown Worldwide (Lilly Pulitzer) Suitsupply Talbots Target Tesco The Iconic The White Company TJX Uber A/S Under Armour Vetta VF Corp W. L. Gore & Associates WE Fashion Whistles White Stuff Wilson
Lesotho: Unions & women’s groups sign binding agreements with Levi's, Wrangler, Children's Place & others to combat gender-based violence in factories
Labor unions and women’s rights advocates have entered into landmark agreements with Levi Strauss, The Children’s Place, Kontoor Brands (known for Wrangler and Lee jeans), and apparel supplier Nien Hsing Textile to combat gender-based violence and...
Lesotho: Brands, trade unions and women's rights organisations sign binding agreement to tackle gender-based violence
Author: Solidarity Center
"Pact Combats Gender Violence in Lesotho Factories", 15 August 2019...
Author: Labour Behind the Label & Clean Clothes Campaign
Labour Behind the Label and Clean Clothes Campaign invited 32 brands to respond to their living wage survey, to update their study into brand progress towards payment of a living wage. The responses are attached. ...
- Related stories: Report: Major UK & global clothing brands are failing to deliver on living wage commitments to garment workers
- Related companies: adidas Amazon.com ASOS Boohoo C&A Décathlon Fast Retailing Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) G-Star Raw Gap Gucci H&M Hugo Boss Inditex Levi Strauss Marks & Spencer Missguided Monsoon Accessorize New Look Next Nike Pentland Group Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Sainsbury's Tchibo Tesco Under Armour Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing) Zalando SE
Report: Major UK & global clothing brands are failing to deliver on living wage commitments to garment workers
In June 2019, Labour Behind the Label released 'Tailored Wages UK 2019: The state of pay in the global garment industry', which looked at 12 major UK brands in addition to 20 global brands - covering luxury, sportswear, fast fashion, and online retail...
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
"Major brands are failing on living wage commitments", 5 June 2019...
- Related stories: Report: Clean Clothes Campaign finds major clothing brands are failing on living wage commitments to workers
- Related companies: adidas Amazon.com C&A Décathlon Fast Retailing Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) G-Star Raw Gap Gucci H&M Hugo Boss Inditex Levi Strauss Nike Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Tchibo Under Armour Zalando SE
Cambodia: Levi's, H&M and Gap back an Arbitration Council's ruling that restricts the use of short-term contracts for garment workers
Author: Matt Blomberg, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"Exclusive: Boost for Cambodian workers as top fashion brands back contract ruling", 4 June 2019...