Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Author: Red de Solidaridad de la Maquila
"A las trabajadoras(es) abandonadas en el cierre de la fábrica LD en El Salvador se les adeuda US$1.7 millones", 31 de octubre de 2019...
Author: Red de Solidaridad de la Maquila
"Compañías y Marcas: puntos de presión con compañías internacionales de confecciones", agosto de 2019...
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch adidas Amazon.com American Eagle Outfitters C&A Carhartt Carter's Columbia Sportswear Disney (see Walt Disney) Fanatics Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Gap Gildan Activewear Guess Hanesbrands Inditex Jockey Juicy Couture (part of Authentic Brands Group) Kohl's Kontoor Brands Lacoste (part of Devanlay) Levi Strauss Lululemon Athletica Mountain Equipment Co-op New Balance Nike Patagonia Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Sanmar Sears Soffe (part of Delta Apparel) Target Under Armour VF Corp Walmart
Author: Regan Ralph, The Fund for Global Human Rights, in openDemocracy
...The rising tide of hostility to human rights, often spearheaded by authoritarian governments, has swept across the globe in recent years, with devastating consequences on rights and freedoms, and the people who defend them. The international...
Vans reportedly removes submission depicting Hong Kong protesters from design competition, sparking heated backlash and boycott
Author: Jordyn Holman, Bloomberg
“Vans Is Latest U.S. Company Caught Up in Hong Kong Protests”, 8 Oct 2019...
- Related stories: Hong Kong: Business actions and statements over controversial extradition bill
- Related companies: Levi Strauss Starbucks VF Corp
Author: UN Global Compact
87 major companies... are taking action to align their businesses with what scientists say is needed to limit the worst impacts of climate change. Responding to a call-to-action issued in June by a group of business, civil society and UN leaders, the...
- Related stories: Climate Week 2019: Calls for stronger commitments by govts. & companies on climate change
- Related companies: América Movil AstraZeneca Atlassian Bharti Airtel BT Burberry Co-operative Group Danone Deutsche Telekom Dexus EDP (Energias de Portugal) Electrolux Ericsson Firmenich Glovo Guess HP (Hewlett-Packard) IKEA International Flavors & Fragrances Intuit Klabin L'Oreal Levi Strauss Nepal Tea Development Corporation Ltd (NTDC) (Triveni Group) Nestlé Nokia Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) NRG Energy Orange Reliance Industries Saint-Gobain Salesforce.com SAP Scania Schneider Electric Seventh Generation Signify Sodexo Suez Swiss Re Unilever Wipro
Author: Public Eye
"Firmencheck 2019", 19. September 2019...
- Related stories: Tailored Wages 2019: Surveys show major global clothing brands failing to deliver on living wage commitments to garment workers
- Related companies: adidas Group Albiro Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Amazon.com C&A CALIDA Group Chicorée Coop (Switzerland) Décathlon Esprit Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) G-Star Raw Gap Gucci H&M Holy Fashion Group Hugo Boss Inditex Intersport KiK Levi Strauss Lidl Mammut Sports Group Manor Maus Frères Migros Nike Nile Clothing Odlo International Otto Peek & Cloppenburg/Van Graaf PKZ Burger-Kehl & Co. Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Remei Sherpa Outdoor Tally Weijl Tchibo Triumph International Under Armour Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing) Workfashion Zalando SE Zebra Fashion
Swiss clothing brands are failing to meet global standards on transparency & living wages in their global supply chains, analysis finds
"Swiss fashion brands slow to ensure living wage", 19 September 2019...
- Related companies: adidas Albiro Aldi Amazon.com C&A CALIDA Group Chicorée Coop (Switzerland) Décathlon Esprit Fast Retailing Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) G-Star Raw Gap H&M Holy Fashion Group Hugo Boss Inditex Intersport KiK Levi Strauss Lidl Mammut Sports Group Manor Maus Frères Migros Nike Nile Clothing Odlo International Otto Peek & Cloppenburg/Van Graaf PKZ Burger-Kehl & Co. Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Remei Sherpa Outdoor Tally Weijl Tchibo Triumph International Under Armour Workfashion Zalando SE Zebra Fashion
Author: Frank Thorp V & Elizabeth Chuck, NBC News
A group of 145 CEOs from some of the largest companies in America have sent a letter to senators demanding they pass stronger gun control laws, calling firearm violence "a public health crisis that demands urgent action." The letter, signed by the...
Author: Airbnb, Bloomberg LP, Gap & 142 other companies
Every day, 100 Americans are shot and killed and hundreds more are wounded... This is a public health crisis that demands urgent action... As leaders of some of America's most respected companies and those with significant business interests in the...
- Related stories: USA: Walmart to discontinue handgun ammunition sales following civil society pressure after El Paso attack
- Related companies: Y Combinator Airbnb Airkit (formerly known as Ruist) Alleycorp Amalgamated Bank Ambition Ariel Investments Artsy Ascend Aspiration Aura Backpack Bad Robot Bain Capital Beeswax Begin Betaworks Beyond Meat Bloomberg Bonusly Brat Brookfield Property Group Brud Cambly Catch&Release Cerebras Systems Circle Medical Classpass Clearbit Clever Clockwise Color Genomics Condé Nast Credit Karma Crunchbase Curalate Curtsy DAILYLOOK Dick's Sporting Goods DoorDash Doxel Drum Technologies Ecolab Edelman Elektra Emerson Collective Farmstead Full Picture Fundera Gap GOAT Group Golden Group Nine Media Guru Sportswear Havas Hint HipDot Hooked Horizon Media humbition Impossible Foods Interpublic Group JOOR Jumbo Kabbage Kadena Kanga Knowable Lattice Levi Strauss Lyft MetaProp.vc Modern Fertility Mongo DB Neighborland NewsCred NowThis Nurx Oaktree Capital Management Oceans OfferUp Okta Omnicom Openpath Parabol Paravision Pinterest Plato Design Postmates Presto Prima Prologis Publicis Quartzy Reddit Ribbon Health Ro Roofstock Royal Caribbean Cruises RXR Realty SelfMade Small Door Veterinary SmartAsset Snapdocs Solve Splash Square Squarespace Standard Bots Stanlee R. Gatti Designs Sundia Sunlight Health Superplastic Survey Monkey SV Angel ThirdLove thisopenspace Thrive Capital Thrive Global ThunderCore TOMS Twilio Twitter Uber Uniform Teeth Viosera Therapeutics Virtual Kitchen Voxer Watsi Whalar Wizeline WPP x.ai Yelp Zola
Lesotho: Women's rights alliance group pressures Taiwanese factory into pact to end gender-based sexual harassment & violence at its plants
Author: Mark Gruenberg, Peoplesworld (USA)
‘Groups force Lesotho clothing factories owner to end gender-based violence’ 3 September 2019...