Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in South Korea
China's biggest cobalt producer agrees to stop buying from individuals in DRC due to concerns over child labour
Author: Miningmx, Financial Times
“China’s largest cobalt producer agrees to halt buying from individuals in DRC”, 28 May 2020...
"Factory behind India gas leak operated illegally until 2019", 11 May 2020 The chemical factory that leaked gas into a coastal Indian city...killing at least 12 people and putting hundreds in hospital, was operating illegally until at least the midd...
Video: Gas leak in Vishakhapatnam is a reminder of the Bhopal gas tragedy and the lapses in country's policies
- Related stories: India: Deadly gas leak at LG chemical plant kills at least 12 & injures hundreds; incl. co. comments
- Related companies: LG Chem
Report raises concerns about potential complicity in corruption among companies buying cobalt from DRC
In 2019, Resource Matters published a report alleging that companies producing technology that requires cobalt (such as cell phones, cars, or others with rechargeable batteries) are unable to avoid the potential corruption in the DRC. The report links...
Earthworks releases report on the environmental and human impacts of rising mineral demand for renewable energy
Author: Earthworks, UTS ISF
"REPORT: Clean Energy Must Not Rely on Dirty Mining", 17 April 2019....
- Related stories: Over 50 organizations urge World Bank to prioritise human rights & environmental impacts in "climate-smart" mining
- Related in-depth areas: Automobile Climate change Climate justice Latest news on natural resources Mining Natural Resources
- Related companies: BMW Connected Energy First Solar Huayou Cobalt LG Chem Powervault Renault Samsung SDI (part of Samsung) Tesla Motors Vale
Author: Resource Matters (Belgique)
Le rapport Ni Vus Ni Connus documente comment les grandes entreprises qui achètent du cobalt en RDC ne font pas assez pour atténuer les risques de corruption potentiels dans leurs chaînes d’approvisionnement. Cela est en contradiction avec leur soutien...
Author: Bradley Berman, INSIDEEVs
"Electric Car Drivers Should Boycott Batteries Produced by Child Labor", 22 March 2019....