Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Ronnie Morris, Business Report [So. Africa]
Moral responsibility by multinational firms towards former mineworkers who are ill or dying because of exposure to asbestos dust and fibres appears to be an elusive dream. One need look no further than the shameful actions of British firm Cape when 7...
Author: Shannon Walbran, Changemakers Journal
In South Africa, HIV educator Linzi Smith's organization, Education Training and Counseling (ETC), provides guidance and a package of services to businesses to help them effectively manage the epidemic in the workplace, and at the same time to reduce...
[PDF] full report: "FTSE4Good Index series - Criteria development and company engagement programme 2003-2004"
[refers to cos. that met new FTSE4Good human rights criteria for resource cos./committed to meet them: BHP Biliton, Shell, BP, BG, Lonmin, Mitsubishi Corp., Norsk Hydro, Statoil, Cosmo Oil, Expro Group, PetroCanada, Repsol. And cos. deleted from index...
- Related stories: Report shows 62 cos. removed from FTSE4Good Index for not meeting human rights, environmental criteria
- Related companies: Allied Irish Banks Alumina AMB Generali Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Applera Banco BPI Banco Comercial Portugues BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BP Cairn Energy Carlsberg Breweries Carphone Warehouse Central Japan Railway Chiba Bank Commerzbank ConocoPhillips Danske Bank Delphi Denso Diamond Offshore Drilling Elan Equinor (formerly Statoil) Erste Bank der Oesterreichischen Sparkassen Fairfax Financial Holdings Fineco Finning Foster's Four Seasons Hotels Goldman Sachs Goldshield Goodrich Gunma Bank Hafslund Hess Corporation Hutchison Whampoa Interbrew (now InBev, part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Lehman Brothers Lonmin Macquarie Bank Malcom Manulife Financial Marschollek, Lautenschläger und Partner Mediobanca Mitsubishi Group Molson (part of Molson Coors) National Bank of Canada Norsk Hydro Omron Petro-Canada (part of Suncor) Rank Royal Blue Sarantis Shell Spirent Suncorp SunTrust Banks Sygen Tenet Healthcare Terex Terumo Wing Tai Holdings
Author: Intl. Council on Mining & Metals (ICMM)
ICMM comprises 16 of the world’s largest mining and metals companies as well as 23 regional, national and commodity associations. [Company members: Alcoa, Anglo American, AngloGold Ashanti, BHP Billiton, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold, Lonmin,...
- Related stories: ICMM [Intl. Council on Mining & Metals] Annual Review 2004 released
- Related companies: Alcoa Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Freeport-McMoRan Lonmin Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi Materials (part of Mitsubishi Group) Newmont Goldcorp Nippon Mining Nippon Mining & Metals (part of Nippon Mining) Noranda (part of Falconbridge) Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Rio Tinto Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Metal Mining (part of Sumitomo Group) Umicore WMC Resources
Author: F&C Asset Management & UBS
[refers to Anglo American, AngloGold Ashanti, AstraZeneca, AVI Group, BMW, BP, Chevron, Colgate-Palmolive, DaimlerChrysler, Dell, GlaxoSmithKline, Heineken, IBM, JD Group, Lafarge, Lonmin, Merck, Nedcor (now Nedbank), Procter & Gamble, Standard...
- Related stories: Steps companies can take to manage impact of HIV/AIDS in Brazil, Russia, India, China
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti AstraZeneca BMW BP Chevron Colgate-Palmolive DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dell GlaxoSmithKline Heineken IBM Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Lonmin Merck Nedbank Procter & Gamble Standard Chartered UBS Unilever Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Madelene Pearson, Bloomberg
...Virax Holdings...said seven global mining companies joined a group led by BHP Billiton...to fund the first emerging-country trials of its HIV/AIDS therapeutic vaccine. The trials will take place in South Africa... BHP is leading participants...
- Related stories: Mining firms including BHP Billiton & Rio Tinto in innovative project to fund clinical trial of HIV/AIDS drug in So. Africa
- Related companies: BHP Billiton Gold Fields Harmony Gold Lonmin Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi Materials (part of Mitsubishi Group) Nippon Mining Nippon Mining & Metals (part of Nippon Mining) Rio Tinto Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Metal Mining (part of Sumitomo Group) Virax Holdings