Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Sweden
Author: Mark Taylor, The Laws of Rule
Last week the Norwegian daily Dagsavisen turned the spotlight on Lundin Petroleum. For two years now, Swedish prosecutors have been investigating Lundin over allegations that it played a role in war crimes committed during the war in Sudan between...
Author: Mark Taylor, The Laws of Rule
In short, there is no legal obstacle to including human rights in ethical procurement rules, nor in excluding businesses who don’t meet human rights standards. The only obstacle is politicians who would rather drag their feet. [refers to Lundin...
[PDF] Proposals for resolutions to be presented at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) Lundin Petroleum AB (publ) Thursday 10 May 2012
Author: European Coalition on Oil in Sudan (ECOS)
[Resolutions include:] Resolution regarding the protection of the reputation of the Company and its shareholders...Resolution regarding the authorization to promote the course of justice [concerning the investigation by Public Prosecutor Magnus Elving...
- Related stories: European Coalition on Oil in Sudan propose resolutions at Lundin's AGM asking for co-operation with Public Prosecutor's investigation into international crimes committed in Sudan
- Related in-depth areas: Oil & gas
- Related companies: Lundin Petroleum
Author: The Local [Sweden]
Ian and Lukas Lundin have rejected accusations that the Lundin Group consists of "opportunistic, dictator-hugging businessmen", arguing that allegations of human rights abuses are "unfounded, unfair and in some cases, absurd"...The allegations refer...
Swedish Foreign Minister Haunted by War Crimes Allegations: detained Swedish reporters in Ethiopia highlight thorny affair
Author: Aron Lamm, Epoch Times [USA]
The arrest of two Swedish journalists in Ethiopia has put allegedly unethical, or even criminal activities by oil companies in the spotlight...The events have also added fuel to the debate over Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt's involvement in oil...
Author: Maria Prandi and Josep M. Lozano (eds.), Escola de Cultura de Pau & ESADE: Institute for Social Innovation
[T]here are significant experiences of companies that are participating in peace-building in numerous...
- Related stories: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Report examines corporate social responsibility in conflict & post-conflict environments
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace Peacebuilding
- Related companies: Amanco (part of Mexichem) BP Éxito [part of Groupe Casino] Heineken Lonrho Lundin Petroleum Mexichem Microsoft MTN Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) Pavco (part of Mexichem) Shell Total
Author: Rebecca Martin, The Local [Sweden]
...[T]wo Swedish reporters jailed in Ethiopia were in the country investigating Lundin Petroleum...at the time of their arrest, according to reports in the Swedish media...Martin Schibbye, who has been held in Ethiopian prison with his colleague Johan...
Author: Alex Bescoby, Critical Resource
Having avoided Sudan for almost a decade...any western oil companies wishing to reengage in the region...will have several thorny problems to tackle...First, firms will have to navigate the tense and complex muddle of two states still sharing one...
Author: Andrea Iff, Damiano Sguaitamatti, Rina M. Alluri, Daniela Kohler, swisspeace
...peace mediation includes a variety of actors, ranging from states, international organizations, NGOs to the private sector. Despite a growing number of practical examples for business engagement in conflict transformation, there are only a few...
Author: Business and Human Rights Resource Centre & Realizing Rights
As representatives of over 1000 companies gather this week in New York at the United Nations Global Compact Leaders Summit, Realizing Rights and the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre have published a list of over 270 companies worldwide...
- Related in-depth areas: Tools & Guidance
- Related companies: ABB Abbott Laboratories Aberdeen Asset Management ABN Amro adidas Aegon AGF - Assurances Générales de France (part of Allianz) Akzo Nobel Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcatel-Lucent Alcoa Alliance Boots (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) Allianz Alstom Anglo American ANZ Bank Aramex Arcelor Mittal Areva Arla Foods ArmorGroup (part of G4S) ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) Associated British Foods AstraZeneca Aviva Balfour Beatty Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Barclays Barrick Gold BASF Bayer BBVA BG Group BHP Billiton BMW Boeing Bonnier Group Bouygues BP Brambles British Airways British American Tobacco BT Cable and Wireless Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Carrefour Casino Cemex Centrica Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata) Chevron Chiquita Chubu Electric Power Cisco Systems Citigroup Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Codelco Colgate-Palmolive Commerzbank Compass Group ConocoPhillips Continental AG Control Risks Cosmo Oil Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Daimler DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Danone De Beers Dell Deutsche Bahn Deutsche Telekom Diageo DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) EDF EMI Enagás EnCana Endesa (part of Enel) Eni Ericsson Eroski ExxonMobil FCC Ferrovial Ford Fortis Freeport-McMoRan Friends Provident Fuji Photo Film Fujitsu G4S Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) GDF Suez General Electric General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Gold Fields Goodyear Grupo ACS Gucci (part of Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Halliburton HBOS (part of Lloyds) Henkel Hess Corporation Hilton Hitachi Holcim HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Iberdrola IKEA Impala Platinum Imperial Tobacco Indian Oil Corporation ING Intel InterContinental Hotels International Power ISS JFE Johnson Matthey KBC Kimberly-Clark Kinross Gold Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) L'Oreal Lafarge Lagardère Lego Levi Strauss Linde Lloyds TSB Lonmin Lundin Petroleum Man Group Marks & Spencer Marriott Marubeni Mazda McDonald's Merck Microsoft Mitchells & Butlers Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola National Grid NEC Neste Oil Nestlé Newmont Nexen Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Novozymes NYK Line O2 (part of Telefónica) Occidental Petroleum OceanaGold OMV Pentland Group PepsiCo Persimmon Petrobras Pfizer Posco PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Premier Oil PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Prudential plc Rabobank Reckitt Benckiser Reebok (part of adidas) Repsol YPF Rexam Ricoh Rio Tinto Rio Tinto Alcan (part of Rio Tinto) Roche Royal Bank of Scotland Royal Caribbean Cruises Royal Philips Electronics SABMiller Sanofi-Aventis Sara Lee Sasol SCA Securitas Seven & i Sharp Shell Siemens Signet Skanska Smiths Group SNS Reaal Société Générale Sodexo Sompo Japan Sony Sprint Nextel Stagecoach Group Standard Chartered Starwood Hotels Statoil Stora Enso Sumitomo Electric Industries (part of Sumitomo Group) Sumitomo Group Sun Microsystems Syngenta Talisman Tata Group Taylor Wimpey Telecom Italia Telefónica TeliaSonera Tesco Timberland Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Tom's of Maine Tomkins Toshiba Total UBS Unilever United Technologies Vale Vattenfall Verizon Vodafone Volvo Group Westpac Weyerhaeuser Whitbread Wolseley WPP Xerox Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata) Yara Yell Group