Headquarters in USA
Author: Alexia Fernández Campbell, Vox
"New York City passes nation’s first minimum pay rate for Uber and Lyft drivers", 5 December 2018...
- Related stories: Workers' rights & labour organisation in the gig economy
- Related companies: Lyft Uber
Author: Melanie Ehrenkranz, Gizmodo
After Google's Historic Walkout, One of Tech's Big Problems Is Still Being Ignored, 21 November, 2018...
Apple, Facebook and Google among 56 businesses telling the Trump administration not to weaken transgender rights
Author: Tony Romm, The Washington Post
"Apple, Facebook and Google among 56 businesses telling Trump not to weaken transgender rights", 1 November 2018...
Author: Sara Weinstein & Sarah Gwilliam, Civic Nation in Forbes (USA)
"More Businesses Are Encouraging Voting. Here's How You Can, Too.", 26 Sep 2018...
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas ADM (see Archer Daniels Midland) Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
Author: Alison DaSilva, TriplePundit
Americans are looking to businesses to take the lead and address issues outside their transactional footprint – and they are willing to buy and boycott based on those corporate values. Now, in the wake of the tragic Parkland school shooting, gun...
- Related stories: USA: More than one dozen companies cut ties with National Rifle Association after 17 people killed in Florida high school shooting
- Related companies: Gucci Lyft Viacom
USA: Lyft to face lawsuit alleging disability discrimination over failure to provide wheelchair-accessible cars
Author: Megan Rose Dickey, Tech Crunch (USA)
"Lyft faces discrimination lawsuit", 13 Mar 2018...
Author: Faris Natour
"Respecting Human Rights in the On-Demand Economy: Closing the New Governance Gap," 11 April 2016...
New CEO activism: business leaders are defending rights by raising awareness & leveraging economic power
Author: Aaron K. Chatterji & Michael W. Toffel, Harvard Business Review (USA)
"The New CEO Activists", January 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: 21st Century Fox Angie's List Apple CNBC (part of Comcast) Disney (see Walt Disney) Hobby Lobby IBM Lyft NBA Netflix New York Times Oracle Salesforce.com Twitter Under Armour