Headquarters in USA
Author: Alison DaSilva, TriplePundit
Americans are looking to businesses to take the lead and address issues outside their transactional footprint – and they are willing to buy and boycott based on those corporate values. Now, in the wake of the tragic Parkland school shooting, gun...
- Related stories: USA: More than one dozen companies cut ties with National Rifle Association after 17 people killed in Florida high school shooting
- Related companies: Gucci Lyft Viacom
USA: Lyft to face lawsuit alleging disability discrimination over failure to provide wheelchair-accessible cars
Author: Megan Rose Dickey, Tech Crunch (USA)
"Lyft faces discrimination lawsuit", 13 Mar 2018...
Author: Faris Natour
"Respecting Human Rights in the On-Demand Economy: Closing the New Governance Gap," 11 April 2016...
New CEO activism: business leaders are defending rights by raising awareness & leveraging economic power
Author: Aaron K. Chatterji & Michael W. Toffel, Harvard Business Review (USA)
"The New CEO Activists", January 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: 21st Century Fox Angie's List Apple CNBC (part of Comcast) Disney (see Walt Disney) Hobby Lobby IBM Lyft NBA Netflix New York Times Oracle Salesforce.com Twitter Under Armour
The Trump administration has formally announced the end of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) programme, which had protected nearly 800,000 young undocumented immigrants brought to the US as children from deportation and provided them...
USA: Judge rejects challenge by 11 drivers to Seattle law allowing drivers of ride-hailing companies to unionise over pay & working conditions
Author: Associated Press
"Judge refuses to block Seattle Uber, Lyft driver union law", 25 Aug 2017...
- Related stories: USA: District Judge's decision upholds new unionisation law for Uber & Lyft drivers in Seattle Workers' rights & labour organisation in the gig economy
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on freedom of association
- Related companies: Lyft U.S. Chamber of Commerce Uber
Author: Jeremy B. White, Independent (UK)
In a ruling that helps define the rights of labourers in the booming gig economy, a federal judge has dismissed a legal challenge to a Seattle ordinance allowing drivers-for-hire to form unions. The lawsuit parallels a national fight over the rights...
Author: United States District Judge Robert S. Lasnik, United States District Court Western District of Washington at Seattle
Order granting Defendants' motion to dismiss the City of Seattle Ordinance 124968.
- Related stories: USA: District Judge's decision upholds new unionisation law for Uber & Lyft drivers in Seattle
- Related companies: Lyft Uber