Beijing Olympic Officials Penalize 4 Firms - Overtime Violations, Child Labor Found; Licenses Are Curbed
Author: Mei Fong, Wall Street Journal
The Beijing Olympic Organizing Committee said it was taking corrective measures after a monthlong investigation had found four factories making Olympic merchandise guilty of labor violations...[including] the use of child labor at one factory, Le Kit...
- Related companies: Drew Pearson Marketing (part of Mainland Headwear) Mainland Headwear NBA Walmart Yue Wing Cheong
A Chinese stationery firm accused of using child labour has been stripped of its licence to produce merchandise for the 2008 Olympics. Lekit Stationery was believed to have employed eight under-age workers, the Beijing Olympic committee said... Three...
- Related stories: Chinese officials strip LeKit Stationery's licence to produce Beijing Olympics merchandise over child labour
- Related companies: Mainland Headwear Yue Wing Cheong
Les organisateurs des JO de Pékin ont promis...de faire toute la lumière sur les accusations d'exploitation d'enfants et de violation des droits des ouvriers dans des usines chinoises fabriquant des articles sous licence olympique...Plusieurs...
[Analysis of labour rights abuses at the following factories: Lekit Stationery, Yue Wing Cheong Light Products, Eagle Leather Products (part of Silver Billion International Enterprises), Mainland Headwear Holdings. Companies listed in the report as...
- Related stories: China: Beijing Olympics organisers may cancel contracts of companies using child labour, following NGO & union report
- Related companies: Budweiser (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Burberry Dell Fila Home Depot Mainland Headwear Nike Reebok (part of adidas) Timberland (part of VF Corp) Yue Wing Cheong
Author: Fair Labor Association
The FLA's 2005 Annual Public Report provides the public with an impartial, detailed look into what 28 diverse companies have done in the past year to improve the working conditions in the factories where they produce around the world. [refers to Fair...
- Related stories: Fair Labor Association annual report finds more violations at apparel & footwear suppliers, but says rise may be due to better monitoring
- Related companies: Commemorative Brands (part of American Achievement) Cutter & Buck Drew Pearson Marketing (part of Mainland Headwear) Eddie Bauer Gap GEAR for Sports Gildan Activewear Global Accessories Herff Jones Jostens Liz Claiborne Mainland Headwear Marks & Spencer MBI New Era Cap Nike Nordstrom Otto Outdoor Cap Oxford Industries Patagonia Phillips-Van Heusen Puma Reebok (part of adidas) Riddell Russell (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Twins Enterprise VF Corp Zephyr-Graf-X
Author: Fair Labor Association
[refers to Fair Labor Association (FLA) participating companies: adidas-Salomon, Eddie Bauer, GEAR for Sports, Liz Claiborne, Reebok, Nordstrom, Nike, Patagonia, Phillips-Van Heusen and Zephyr-Graf-X. Also to FLA category B licensees, which commit to...
- Related stories: Fair Labor Association report covers working conditions at 25 companies incl. Nike, Patagonia, adidas-Salomon, Eddie Bauer, Reebok, Liz Claiborne
- Related companies: adidas American Pad & Paper Commemorative Brands (part of American Achievement) Cutter & Buck Eddie Bauer Global Accessories Herff Jones Jostens Land's End (part of Sears) Liz Claiborne Mainland Headwear MBI New Era Cap Nike Nordstrom Outdoor Cap Oxford Industries Patagonia Phillips-Van Heusen Reebok (part of adidas) Riddell Sears Twins Enterprise VF Corp