Manager, Sustainability at Standard Chartered
About Standard Chartered
Standard Chartered is a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
Lead internal and external engagement and thought leadership to support the development and delivery of the Bank's Sustainability and Community Investment (CI) strategies.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Engage with the Brand team, internal business teams and support functions to further develop and deliver the Bank's Sustainability strategy aligned with the Bank's Here for good brand promise
- Ensure that the Bank's Sustainability strategy is articulated to internal and external stakeholders through key communication channels
- Promote collaboration and partnerships on Sustainability and Community Investment with key clients aligned with the Bank's Here for good brand promise
- Contribute to the development and delivery of Standard Chartered's Sustainability initiatives and CI programmes through partner identification and programme development
- Advise and lead on special projects as current events dictate (ie disaster relief, etc...) and programme management of special initiatives
External Engagement & Thought Leadership
- Collaborate with Group Public Affairs to develop public policy positions on Sustainability and CI priorities for engagement with external stakeholders including governments, NGOs and investors
- Lead dialogue with external stakeholders, in the UK and in key markets, to inform Standard Chartered's Sustainability and CI strategies
- Lead engagement with NGOs and socially responsible investors on the Bank's community investment programmes and wider sustainability strategy
- Profile the Bank's Sustainability and Community Investment leadership through external channels, including but not limited to: media channels (working with the Group Communications team), thought leadership platforms such as the World Economic Forum, Clinton Global Initiative (CGI), United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), IMF/World Bank Annual Meetings and key events across the Bank's markets (working with the Group Public Affairs team)
- Collaborate across the Bank's Corporate Affairs (CA) function to support delivery of the Bank's CA priorities.
- Support the development and delivery of the Bank's external sustainability reporting.
- Group Head, Corporate Affairs
- Global Head, Sustainability
- Regional Heads of Sustainability
- Country Corporate Affairs teams
- Executive sponsors of CI programmes
- Internal business teams and leaders
- NGO partners
- Government stakeholders
- Socially responsible investors
- Other corporate community investment teams
Qualifications and Skills
Demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Development and delivery of a corporate sustainability strategy working with internal and external stakeholders
- External stakeholder engagement to advance public policy positions with a range of diverse stakeholders including governments, NGOs, international organisations and investors
- Ability to influence and communicate at all levels within an organisation, including executive level engagement
- Track record in developing and delivering a thought leadership strategy across a range of external platforms and channels
- Strong project management skills
- Experience working with a NGO or public sector organisation
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience working in or with the markets where the Bank operates across Africa, Asia and the Middle East
- More than 10 years relevant experience
- Advanced degree preferred
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Job title: Manager, Sustainability
Contract: Full time, permanent
Closing date: 27 August 2015