Clooney Foundation for Justice
- Location: New York
- Rolling application
The Clooney Foundation for Justice (CFJ) is seeking a Managing Director. As a member of the senior management team, the Managing Director will be responsible for leading CFJ’s activities and operations in coordination with CFJ’s Strategic Director and Legal Director.
CFJ advocates for justice through accountability for human rights abuses around the world and the Managing Director will join the organization at an exciting time of growth, as we conceptualize and operationalize The Docket and scale TrialWatch globally.
The Docket, a new initiative under development at CFJ, aims to ensure that individuals and corporations that are complicit in international crimes face justice. The Docket will work with multi-disciplinary teams that gather and analyze evidence that can trigger prosecutions and civil actions against those who finance and facilitate mass human rights violations. The Docket will also ensure legal representation for victims in cases against those who bankroll war crimes, gross violations of international human rights, and related atrocities.
TrialWatch is the first comprehensive global program that monitors and advocates for justice in criminal trials around the world, including trials involving journalists, LGBTQ persons, women and girls, religious minorities, and human rights defenders. Monitors are trained using a program developed with the United Nations and record their observations using customized technology developed with Microsoft. Then, for each trial monitored, CFJ works with an eminent legal expert to grade the fairness of the trial against human rights standards, and, where appropriate, advocate to vindicate the rights of victims in regional or international human rights courts. Ultimately, the data that is gathered will populate a global justice index that will provide an annual ranking of each state’s performance.
The Sentry is a flagship partner of CFJ. The Sentry ‘follows the dirty money’ of human rights abusers to ensure that they face financial consequences through sanctions and other measures.
- Manage personnel and provide oversight and guidance to all teams within Foundation
- Represent Foundation with partners and at events as appropriate
- Coordinate with Co-Presidents and Strategic Director to ensure organizational priorities and strategy are developed and implemented
- Oversee development and review implementation of organizational processes, including performance management as needed
- Oversee digital and physical security management and implementation
- Provide budget oversight and coordination and oversee approval of expenditures at a certain level
- Coordinate hiring processes and conduct negotiations, oversee contract management
- Coordinate and approve certain personnel actions; work with Co-Presidents and Strategic Director on other personnel actions
- Oversee relationships with external counsel in coordination with Legal Director
- Coordinate with Board as needed
- Work with Co-Presidents, Strategic Director, and Legal Director to improve operational efficiency and address organizational needs
- Work with Legal Director to ensure compliance with all relevant laws, vetting of potential partners and funders and risk management
- Propose policies to ensure that Foundation operates in line with best practices in the field.
- Other duties as assigned
For more information please follow Link to Job.