Headquarters in USA
Author: Brian Melley, Claims Journal
"Big Oil Loses Appeal, Climate Suits Go to California Courts," 28 May 2020...
- Related stories: California communities’ lawsuit against 37 fossil fuel companies (re climate change compensation)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Apache ConocoPhillips (Phillips Petroleum) Eni ExxonMobil Marathon Oil Marathon Petroleum Occidental Petroleum Royal Dutch Shell (Shell)
Author: Dana Drugmand, Desmog (USA)
"‘Fossil Fuel Companies Knew’: Honolulu Files Lawsuit Over Climate Impacts", 9 Mar 2020...
Author: Edward Helmore, The Guardian
"Activists cheer BlackRock's landmark climate move but call for vigilance", 15 January 2020...
Nearly 200 CEOs say their companies are committed to delivering value to all stakeholders, not just shareholders
On August 19, 2019, the Business Roundtable (BRT), a lobbying group composed of leading CEOs in the US, released an updated Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation. This statement expresses a fundamental commitment to all stakeholders, including...
USA: Marathon Petroleum allegedly ran stealth campaign to roll back car emissions standards; inc. company comments
Author: Hiroko Tabuchi, The New York Times
"The oil industry's covert campaign to rewrite American car emissions rules," 13 Dec 2018...
New Annual Briefing on legal accountability: Turning up the heat: Corporate legal accountability for climate change
This year's Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefing explores the rising trend of climate litigation brought against companies. Turning up the heat: Corporate legal accountability for climate change examines the opportunities and challenges for ...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Center
"Informe de Responsabilidad Legal Empresarial 2018" 6 de junio de 2018...
- Related companies: American Petroleum Institute Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Apache Arch Coal BP Chevron Citgo Petroleum (part of PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela)) ConocoPhillips Devon Energy EnCana Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Hess Corporation Marathon Oil Marathon Petroleum Occidental Petroleum Peabody Energy Phillips 66 Repsol Rio Tinto Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) RWE Suncor Total
In 2017, CHRB launched the first Corporate Human Rights Benchmark, a landmark assessment of the largest public companies in the agricultural products, apparel and extractives industries. In 2018, CHRB will be releasing the follow up benchmark and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark launches 2018 Progress Report
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Associated British Foods BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China Petroleum & Chemical (Sinopec) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips (Phillips Petroleum) Costco Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol EOG Resources Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp (now Newmont) Grupo México Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Kohl's Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton Macy's Marathon Petroleum Marks & Spencer McDonald's Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PepsiCo Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Sasol Shoprite Starbucks Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Woolworths Group YUM!
Author: Oxfam America (US)
"Corporations Increasingly Vocal on Social Issues but Still Mostly Lobbying for Lower Taxes" 12 Apr 2018...
- Related stories: USA: Corporations increasingly vocal on social issues but still mostly lobbying for lower taxes - Oxfam America report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie AIG Albertsons Alphabet Amazon.com Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Apple Archer Daniels Midland Bank of America Berkshire Hathaway Bristol-Myers Squibb Cargill Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Costco Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook Foot Locker Gap General Mills Gilead Sciences Hanesbrands Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lowe's Marathon Petroleum Mars McDonald's Merck Metlife Microsoft Mondelēz International Morgan Stanley Nike Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer Phillips 66 Prudential Financial Publix PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Ross Stores State Farm Insurance Target Tyson Valero Energy VF Corp Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon)