Headquarters in USA
UK: Cathay Pacific fined £500,000 by Information Commissioner's Office for failure to protect customer data
“Cathay Pacific fined £500,000 over customer data protection failure”, 4 March 2020...
Author: Freedom for All Americans
"Business Statement on Anti-LGBTQ State Legislation", 11 March 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: AAA International Airbnb Alphabet Amalgamated Bank Amazon.com American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters Apple Asana AT&T Bayer Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Boehringer Ingelheim Capital One Corning Danone Dow Dropbox Eastern Bank Google (part of Alphabet) Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM IKEA Instacart Levi Strauss Lush Lyft Marriott Mars MassMutual Microsoft Mobilize Nestlé Nike PayPal Salesforce.com SunLife Technet Trillium Corporation Uber Unilever
Author: Todd Bookman, NPR
"Human Trafficking Survivor Settles Lawsuit Against Motel Where She Was Held Captive," 20 Feb 2020...
- Related stories: USA: Lawsuit filed against major hotels for aiding human trafficking on premises, incl. company comments
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Hilton Marriott Shangri-La Hotel
China: Financial information provider Refinitiv reportedly uses filter to block Reuters stories amid Hong Kong protests
“Refinitiv created filter to block Reuters stories amid Hong Kong protests”,...
Nearly 200 CEOs say their companies are committed to delivering value to all stakeholders, not just shareholders
On August 19, 2019, the Business Roundtable (BRT), a lobbying group composed of leading CEOs in the US, released an updated Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation. This statement expresses a fundamental commitment to all stakeholders, including...
Author: Tim Fitzsimons, NBC News
"Over 200 major companies sign Supreme Court brief in favor of LGBTQ workers," 2 July 2019...
- Related stories: USA: Supreme Court hears oral argument for granting protection against discrimination at work to LGBTQ community
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Airbnb Alphabet Amazon.com American Airlines Apple Bank of America Bayer Best Buy Comcast Domino's Pizza Facebook General Motors Google (part of Alphabet) Hilton IBM JPMorgan Chase Macy's Marriott Morgan Stanley Nike
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
USA: Employee files class action lawsuit against Ikea over alleged age discrimination; incl. company statement
Author: Mark Wilson, Fast Company
"Ikea hit with new class action lawsuit alleging age discrimination", 22 Feb 2019 Ikea has been hit with its fifth lawsuit in just over a year in U.S. courts, alleging age discrimination. The first was in Philadelphia in 2018, when 54-year-old emplo...
- Related in-depth areas: Hotel companies & migrant workers in Qatar and Dubai
- Related companies: Marriott