Headquarters in USA
China: Financial information provider Refinitiv reportedly uses filter to block Reuters stories amid Hong Kong protests
“Refinitiv created filter to block Reuters stories amid Hong Kong protests”,...
Equileap researched 3,519 companies in 23 developed economies, representing 98 million employees, and ranked them based on 19 gender equality criteria... There has been an increase in the average score of the 100 best performing companies over the past...
- Related in-depth areas: Gender, Business & Human Rights: Research & Analysis
- Related companies: Adobe Systems AGL Air New Zealand ANZ Bank ASX Group AXA Bank of America BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BillerudKorsnäs (Billerud Korsnäs) Biogen BlackRock BNP Paribas British Land Caltex Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Castellum Challenger Financial Services Chr. Hansen Cisco Systems Citibank (part of Citigroup) Coca-Cola Coca-cola Amatil Cofinimmo Commbank Contact Energy Convivio Hotels Danone Dexus Diageo DnB NOR Eli Lilly Elisa Enagás Equinor (formerly Statoil) Fonterra Fortescue Metals Group Fortum Gap General Motors Gilead Sciences Gjensidige GlaxoSmithKline GPT Group Hilton Investec Iron Mountain ITV Johnson & Johnson Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Kimberly-Clark L'Oreal Lendlease Project Management & Construction (formerly Bovis Lend Lease, trading as Lendlease) Marriott Medibank Merck Mirvac Money Super Market Group National Australia Bank NH Hoteles Orange Origin Energy Publicis Qantas Airways REA Group Red Eléctrica de España Repsol Royal Bank of Canada Royal Mail Sanofi SAP Schibsted Schneider Electric Schroders Société Générale Sodexo South32 Standard Chartered Stockland Stora Enso Storebrand Suncorp Swedbank Tele2 Telenet Telenor Telstra TF1 Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Bank) Transurban Unilever Verizon Vicinity Vodafone Westpac WPP YUM! Z Energy
Nearly 200 CEOs say their companies are committed to delivering value to all stakeholders, not just shareholders
On August 19, 2019, the Business Roundtable (BRT), a lobbying group composed of leading CEOs in the US, released an updated Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation. This statement expresses a fundamental commitment to all stakeholders, including...
Author: Tim Fitzsimons, NBC News
"Over 200 major companies sign Supreme Court brief in favor of LGBTQ workers," 2 July 2019...
- Related stories: USA: Supreme Court hears oral argument for granting protection against discrimination at work to LGBTQ community
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Airbnb Alphabet Amazon.com American Airlines Apple Bank of America Bayer Best Buy Comcast Domino's Pizza Facebook General Motors Google (part of Alphabet) Hilton IBM JPMorgan Chase Macy's Marriott Morgan Stanley Nike
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
USA: Employee files class action lawsuit against Ikea over alleged age discrimination; incl. company statement
Author: Mark Wilson, Fast Company
"Ikea hit with new class action lawsuit alleging age discrimination", 22 Feb 2019 Ikea has been hit with its fifth lawsuit in just over a year in U.S. courts, alleging age discrimination. The first was in Philadelphia in 2018, when 54-year-old emplo...
- Related in-depth areas: Hotel companies & migrant workers in Qatar and Dubai
- Related companies: Marriott
First ever complaint in Quechua filed to Peruvian OECD Natl. Contact Point; complaint against Marriot Intl. for alleged damage to indigenous culture
Author: OECD Watch
“Quechua indigenous group vs. Marriott International” – 14 December 2019...
Author: Roland Li, San Francisco Chronicle
Striking hotel workers approved a contract agreement with Marriott on Monday to end San Francisco’s largest hotel strike in decades. The strike, which began Oct. 4 , spanned seven San Francisco hotels operated by Marriott. Almost 2,500 workers...
- Related companies: Marriott