Headquarters in USA
[PDF] full report: “The State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans 2006-2007”
Author: Human Rights Campaign [USA]
Gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees and their families are valued in the American workplace now more than ever before. And inclusive non-discrimination policies and benefits for GLBT employees and their families are essential for...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Campaign reports major increase in workplace protections for gay, transgender employees
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna AFLAC Agilent Technologies AIG Air Products AK Steel Albertsons LLC Alcoa Allstate Alltel Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Airlines American Electric Power American Express American Standard AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Aramark Archer Daniels Midland ArvinMeritor Asbury Automotive Ashland AT&T AutoNation AutoZone Avaya Avery Dennison Avis Budget Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barnes & Noble Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond BellSouth (now AT&T) Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy BJ's Wholesale Club Blockbuster Bluelinx BNY Mellon Boeing Borders BorgWarner Bristol-Myers Squibb Brunswick Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Burlington Resources (part of ConocoPhillips) Cablevision Calpine Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Caterpillar CBS CenterPoint Energy Centex Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Chevron CHS Chubb Group CIGNA Cinergy (now Duke Energy) Circuit City Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMS Energy Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Commercial Metals Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Continental Airlines (part of United Continental) Corning Cosco Costco Cox Enterprises CSX Cummins CVS D.R. Horton Dana Danaher Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Devon Energy Dillard's DirecTV Dole Dominion Resources Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Company Eastman Kodak Eaton eBay EchoStar Communications Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge Engelhard (part of BASF) Entergy Enterprise Products Estée Lauder Exelon ExxonMobil Family Dollar Federal-Mogul Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) FedEx Fifth Third Bank First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FirstEnergy Fluor Foot Locker Ford FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Freescale Semiconductor Gannett Gap General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google Halliburton Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Heinz Hershey Hilton Home Depot Honeywell HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana Huntsman IKON Illinois Tool Works Intel International Paper Interpublic Group ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kellogg's Kelly Services Kerr-McGee (now part of Anadarko) KeySpan Kimberly-Clark Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (part of Kinder Morgan Inc.) Kohl's Kroger L-3 Communications Lear Leggett & Platt Lehman Brothers Lennar Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Media Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne Lockheed Martin Loews Lowe's Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) Lyondell (part of Access Industries) ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel Maytag McDonald's McGraw-Hill McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife MGM Resorts Micron Microsoft Mirant Mohawk Industries Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life Newell Rubbermaid Newmont News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northeast Utilities Northrop Grumman Northwest Airlines Nucor Occidental Petroleum Office Depot OfficeMax Omnicom Oracle Owens Corning Peabody Energy Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services PPG PPL Praxair Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group Publix R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Reliant Energy Reynolds American Rite Aid Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Ross Stores Ryland Safeco Safeway (USA) Sanmina-SCI Sara Lee Schering-Plough Sealed Air Sears Sempra Energy ServiceMaster Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Solectron Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Nextel Standard Pacific Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco SunTrust Banks Supervalu Target Temple-Inland Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron TIAA-CREF Time Warner TJX Toll Brothers Toys R Us Tribune Company TXU Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United States Steel United Technologies UnumProvident UPS US Airways US Bancorp USAA Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Visteon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Williams Companies Winn-Dixie WPS Resources Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! YUM!
Author: S.J. Caplan, Motley Fool [USA]
[overview of socially responsible investing, with recent developments involving Walgreen, Starbucks, Ford, Chiquita, Chevron, Pepsi Bottling Group, AT&T, Coca-Cola, Verizon, Xerox, ConEd (Con Edison), JPMorgan Chase; positive steps by Bank of...
Author: DiversityInc [USA]
[Companies in top 50 are, in order: Bank of America; Pepsi Bottling Group; AT&T; Coca-Cola; Ford; Verizon; Xerox; Consolidated Edison Co. of New York; JPMorgan Chase; PepsiCo; Wachovia; PricewaterhouseCoopers; Sodexho; Procter & Gamble; Blue...
- Related stories: USA: DiversityInc names "Top 50 Companies for Diversity" - top 5 are Bank of America, Pepsi Bottling Group, AT&T, Coca-Cola, Ford
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Allstate American Express AT&T Bank of America Bausch & Lomb Blue Cross Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Con Edison Cox Communications (part of Cox Enterprises) Cox Enterprises Cummins DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Darden Restaurants Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Eastman Kodak Ernst & Young FedEx Ford General Mills General Motors Health Care Service HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KeyBank Marriott Merck Novartis Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Prudential Financial Sempra Energy Sodexo Sprint Nextel Starwood Hotels Time Warner Turner Broadcasting (part of Time Warner) Verizon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walmart Wells Fargo Xerox
Author: Andrew Yeh, Financial Times
...the building of several top-class foreign hotels in Lhasa [Tibet] could [generate much controversy]. The projects [are] typically structured as partnerships between a mainland or Hong Kong developer and foreign manager...The inflow [of tourists] is...
Author: Jane Nelson, The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
As the [OECD] has commented…”Increasing economic growth is essential – but it is not enough. The quality of growth –its sustainability, composition and equity – is equally important”…In many developing countries achieving this goal [improving the...
- Related companies: ABB ABN Amro Absa AIG Allianz Anglo American Aracruz Celulose Avon Ayala Bajaj Auto Barclays BHP Billiton BP Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Cargill Caterpillar Cemex Chevron Chiquita Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola Deutsche Bank DHL (part of Deutsche Post) DuPont EDF Ericsson Eskom ExxonMobil FedEx General Electric Green Mountain Coffee Honda HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC IBM Infosys InterContinental Hotels Marriott Microsoft Monsanto Mumias Sugar Nestlé Orient Express Procter & Gamble Rio Tinto RWE SABMiller San Miguel Corporation SC Johnson Shell Standard Bank Starbucks Suez Taj Group Unilever UPS Vodafone
Author: Bill Baue, SocialFunds.com
Shareowner engagement by Boston Common Asset Management and the First Swedish National Pension Fund prompts Marriott to explicitly address child sex tourism in its human rights policy...Carlson Hotels and Accor Hotels demonstrate industry best...
- Related stories: Shareholder engagement prompts Marriott to address child sex tourism in its human rights policy - Carlson, Accor demonstrate best practice in the sector
- Related in-depth areas: Case examples
- Related companies: Accor Carlson Carnival Hilton Marriott Royal Caribbean Cruises Starwood Hotels
Shareholders Applaud Marriott International for Adopting Policy to Address the Exploitation of Children
Author: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility
In November, Marriott International's Board of Directors approved a change in its Human Rights policy to specifically include a section on the Protection of Children. "We commend Marriott for following through on their pledge to develop a policy to...
Author: Terra Actualidad - Europa Press
El grupo hotelero Marriott International anunció durante la Convención Mundial del Mercado Turístico que se celebró recientemente en Londres, que agregará un enlance en su página web titulado 'Turismo y turista responsable' --y basado en el Código...
- Related stories: Marriot supports UNWTO project to keep children from sexual abuse
- Related companies: Marriott