Matrix Laboratories (part of Mylan Laboratories)
Headquarters in Netherlands
Author: Kaiser Daily Global Health Policy Report [USA]
Former President Bill Clinton on Thursday announced deals with drugmakers Matrix Laboratories [part of Mylan] and Pfizer to lower the cost of medications to treat patients with drug-resistant HIV in the developing world…the 2010 cost for the four drugs...
Secretary-General's statement following meeting with pharmaceutical and diagnostic companies working on HIV and AIDS
Author: United Nations
I met today with senior executives of seventeen of the world's research-based and generic pharmaceutical and diagnostic companies…to review progress on...expand[ing] access to HIV prevention, treatment, care and support services in low- and middle...
- Related stories: Major drug firms agree with Ban Ki-Moon to invest more in AIDS treatments & diagnostics for poor regions
- Related in-depth areas: HIV/AIDS
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AMB Generali Aspen Pharmacare Aurobindo Pharmaceuticals BD (Becton, Dickinson) bioMérieux Boehringer Ingelheim Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Hetero Inverness Medical Innovations Johnson & Johnson Matrix Laboratories (part of Mylan Laboratories) Merck Pfizer Ranbaxy Laboratories Roche Shanghai Kehua Bio-Engineering
Deal lowers price of second-line therapy and makes new paediatric formulations available to poorer countries
Author: Michael Carter, Aidsmap
Further reductions in the prices of generic versions of key second-line antiretroviral drugs were announced yesterday, thanks to an agreement negotiated by the international drug purchase fund UNITAID and the Clinton HIV/AIDS Initiative with Indian and...
Thailand plans to buy more generic AIDS drugs from India to cut the cost of treating its poorest patients after failing to win large enough discounts from drug makers including Merck & Co. and Abbott Laboratories…Public health minister, Mongkol Na...
Author: Celia W. Dugger, New York Times
...Bill Clinton announced yesterday that his foundation had negotiated deep price reductions for generic versions of costly, second-line AIDS drugs...as well as for less toxic, easier-to-use first-line medicines...Mr. Clinton also forcefully endorsed...
Author: Matthew Kavanagh, Student Global AIDS Campaign
The Student Global AIDS Campaign (SGAC) is applauding what it calls “important steps forward and major new promises” taken by Gilead in making its AIDS drugs Tenofovir (Viread) and Truvada affordable and available in Africa and the global South. The...
Author: Marni Leff Kottle , Bloomberg News [US}
Gilead Sciences Inc., maker of the world's best-selling AIDS treatment, is offering to help generic-drug makers in India produce the medicine, a move intended to get the life-saving pill to millions more people in the world's poorest countries. Since...
- Related stories: Gilead offers trade secrets to generic firms to help them make its AIDS drug more cheaply
- Related in-depth areas: Access to medicines - key international standards
- Related companies: Aspen Pharmacare Bristol-Myers Squibb Emcure Gilead Sciences Matrix Laboratories (part of Mylan Laboratories) Roche
New Agreements to Lower Prices of HIV/AIDS Rapid Tests and Second-line Drugs - Agreements with Nine Companies Will Lower Prices of HIV Diagnosis and Two HIV/AIDS Medicines by 30-50 Percent for 50 Countries
Author: Clinton Foundation
President Bill Clinton announced today that his foundation’s HIV/AIDS Initiative has negotiated new pricing agreements to lower the prices of HIV diagnosis and two antiretrovirals (ARVs). Four companies—Chembio (U.S.), Orgenics (Israel; a subsidiary...