Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Author: James Manyika, Susan Lund, Michael Chui, Jacques Bughin, Jonathan Woetzel, Parul Batra, Ryan Ko, and Saurabh Sanghvi, McKinsey Global Institute
...We previously found that about half the activities people are paid to do globally could theoretically be automated using currently demonstrated technologies. Very few occupations—less than 5 percent—consist of activities that can be fully automated...
- Related companies: McKinsey
Author: Ceres (USA)
Published on: 31 May 2017...
Author: Mathilde Farine, Le Temps (Suisse)
La patronne suisse d’IKEA, Simona Scarpaleggia, s’était fixé l’objectif d’attendre la parité dans les postes de direction…[Le groupe Ikea] s’est aussi fixé l’objectif d’atteindre 50% de cadres féminins, de même que l’égalité salariale d’ici 2020…...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: David Hudson, Gay Star Business (UK)
"Burberry and Inditex join global business coalition pushing for LGBTI rights", 26 Feb 2016...
Author: Becky Dempsey, GreenBiz
More than 700 sustainability executives are set to convene next month in Arizona to discuss the trends, tools and technologies needed to move their companies toward a more sustainable future, energized by the climate goals set last month by the Paris...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: 21st Century Fox 3M Baxter International Best Buy Boeing Campbell Soup Dell Dow Chemical Facebook Gap Genentech General Motors Kimberly-Clark Land O'Lakes McDonald's McKinsey Ralph Lauren Sealed Air Siemens Sodexo Staples Starbucks Steelcase Target Tiffany VF Corp Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores show improvement of measures taken by companies for LGBT workers
Open For Business is a coalition of global companies making the case that inclusive, diverse societies are better for business and better for economic growth. The purpose of the coalition is to promote a positive business and economic case for...
- Related stories: Report by a coalition of companies makes business case for LGBT inclusion
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: Accenture American Express AT&T Barclays Brunswick Burberry Google (part of Alphabet) IBM Inditex LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft Standard Chartered Tesco Thomson Reuters Virgin America
Company support to women-owned supply chains crucial to promote economic growth, reduce inequality in global South, says analyst
Author: Maha Rafi Atal, SciDevNet
'Focus on private sector: female suppliers drive profits', 28 Jul 2015:…UN Global Compact and UN Women announced that 1,000 companies…have signed up to their Women’s empowerment principles…[which] require businesses to take steps to advance gender...