Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Author: Ian Davis, worldwide managing director of McKinsey & Company, in Economist
Businesses need to introduce explicit processes to make sure that social issues and emerging social forces are discussed at the highest levels as part of overall strategic planning...Shareholder value should continue to be seen as the critical measure...
Author: Jonathan Brown, Independent [UK]
HSBC said Mr Lewis had only been dismissed after a lengthy disciplinary hearing and the bank was confident it could fight and win the case...Some of the biggest financial houses have set up staff associations for gay and lesbian employees...But there...
Author: Intl. Business Leaders Forum & World Business Council for Sustainable Development
[refers to AMEC, American Express, BASF, BP, Balfour Beatty, Body Shop, Cargill, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Deutsche Bank, Ericsson, Ernst & Young, Gap, Hewlett-Packard, IKEA, McKinsey, Nike, Procter & Gamble, Rio Tinto, SC Johnson, Shell,...
- Related stories: New guide profiles development organisations involved in private sector partnerships
- Related companies: AMEC American Express Balfour Beatty BASF Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) BP Cargill Delhaize Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Bank Ericsson Ernst & Young Gap HP (Hewlett-Packard) IKEA McKinsey Nike Procter & Gamble Rio Tinto RWE SC Johnson Shell Starbucks Tata Group Thames Water (part of RWE) Timberland
Author: Professor David Kinley
To what extent are the CSR issues outlined in this article being picked up by law firms and passed on to corporate clients? If little or none – why so?...[Are] the compliance and regulation oriented accountancy conglomerates (such as Price Waterhouse...
- Related stories: Nike lawsuit (Kasky v Nike, re denial of labour abuses)
- Related companies: Ernst & Young KPMG McKinsey PricewaterhouseCoopers
Author: Mark Turner, Financial Times
Last week, Ernesto Zedillo, the former Mexican president, and Paul Martin, an aspirant prime minister of Canada, announced at the UN in New York the creation of a UN Commission on the Private Sector and Development, aiming to remove obstacles to...
- Related companies: McKinsey