Headquarters in Israel & Occupied Palestinian Territories
Author: Itamar Eichner, Ynetnews (Israel)
...30 Israeli companies and 60 international corporations operating in Israel received warning letters from United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights...cautioning them of their impending inclusion in a "blacklist" of companies active beyond...
- Related stories: UN creates database of companies operating in Israeli settlements in occupied West Bank & East Jerusalem
- Related companies: Africa Israel Ahava Airbnb Bank Hapoalim Bezeq Caterpillar Cellcom Israel Coca-Cola Egged Cooperative Elbit Systems HP (Hewlett-Packard) Leumi Matrix Mekorot Motorola Nesher Israel Cement Enterprises Netafim Shikun & Binui Teva Pharmaceutical TripAdvisor
Author: Eloise Bollack, Aljazeera
Palestinian villages 'get two hours of water a week', 24 October 2016...
- Related companies: Mekorot
Author: Peter Yeung, Independent (UK)
Israel has cut off the water supply to large areas of the West Bank, Palestinian authorities have claimed. Tens of thousands of Palestinians have reportedly been left without access to safe drinking water during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, a...
- Related companies: Mekorot
UN creates database of companies operating in Israeli settlements in occupied West Bank & East Jerusalem
In March 2016, the UN Human Rights Council adopted Resolution 31/36 which aims to produce a database flagging companies doing business in Israeli settlements, in a bid to highlight corporate complicity in the Israeli occupation. The database was due to...
Author: Gustavo Veiga, Pagina12 (Argentina)
Una porción mayoritaria de la comunidad internacional acaba de proponerse una meta ambiciosa y compleja: intentar que las empresas transnacionales respeten los derechos humanos aplicándoles un marco regulatorio a escala mundial. Veinte países, entre...
Author: Redacción central, La Prensa (Bolivia)
La resolución obliga a las transnacionales respetar las normas internacionales en materia de derechos humanos. El Consejo de Derechos Humanos de las Naciones Unidas aprobó la creación de un grupo intergubernamental para elaborar un tratado de carácter...
Author: ats (Agence Télégraphique Suisse)
Huit entreprises multinationales ont été lundi à Genève sur le banc des accusés pour violations de droits humains. Divers témoignages ont été entendus lors d'une session du Tribunal permanent des peuples…Diverses ONG ont lancé une semaine de...
Author: Lara Adejoro, Daily Times (Nigeria)
Defenders of the environment often face terrible consequences for their actions, suffering rights violations and violence, according to a new report by Friends of the Earth International to be released on June 26, during the 26th Session of the United...
[PDF] Second-largest Dutch pension fund manager PGGM withdraws all investments from Israeli banks over settlement activities
Al-Haq welcomes the decision by PGGM, the second-largest pension fund manager in the Netherlands, to withdraw its investments from five Israeli banks involved in financing activities related to the settlements located in Occupied Palestinian Territory...
- Related stories: Israel & Palestine: Dutch pension fund to withdraw investments from Israel's 5 largest banks over intl. law "problem" due to ties with settlements in West Bank; includes companies comments
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Elbit Systems Mekorot Vitens
[PDF] Businesses across the Middle East must put human rights above the bottom line - New report lifts the lid on the business practices of dozens of companies operating across the Middle East
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Arabic and French versions below] Companies operating across the Middle East must uphold human rights according to a new report by an international human rights organisation. The new report, released today in Arabic, English and French by the...
- Related stories: Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) Businesses across the Middle East must put human rights above the bottom line (press release) KBR lawsuit (re human trafficking in Iraq) Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Africa Israel Ahava Al-Hamad Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Alstom AMESys (Advanced Middle East Systems, formerly Amesys (part of Bull)) Anglo American Aramex AT&T BAE Systems Blue Coat CACI Carrefour Century Miracle Jordan Citigroup Co-operative Group Emirates Group Etisalat Facebook G4S Google (part of Alphabet) Helwan Fertilizers KBR Lebanese Family Club ManpowerGroup Marks & Spencer Mekorot Microsoft Millicom Mondelēz International MTV Lebanon Ooredoo Orascom PepsiCo Qatar Airways Saudi Aramco Sekem Solb Misr Spinneys Suez Steel (part of Solb Misr) TeliaSonera Tesco Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Vodafone Websense Zain