Metsä Fibre Oy (formerly Metsä-Botnia)
Headquarters in Finland
Metsä Fibre Oy website: https://www.metsafibre.com/en/Pages/default.aspx
Author: Elisa Morgera, pub. Oxford University Press
The progressive integration, or attempted integration, of the private sector in the implementation of IEL [Intl. Environmental Law] through the concept of corporate accountability has come to represent one of the aspects of the continuous and constant...
- Related stories: new book: "Corporate Accountability in International Environmental Law"
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Botnia Cambior ENCE Freeport-McMoRan Metalclad (part of Entrx) Rio Tinto Shell Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Union Carbide (part of Dow) Unocal (part of Chevron)
Author: Sylvia Ubal, Adital
El presidente...Dr. Tabaré Vázquez...refiriéndose a la empresa Botnia dijo..."no...contamina..."...[pero] la misma empresa Botnia declara en sus múltiples informes las características de sus efluentes líquidos con una elevada carga de compuestos...
- Related companies: Metsä Fibre Oy (formerly Metsä-Botnia)
Author: Friends of the Earth
Rapid expansion in the use of agricultural crops as a transport fuel has been justified in Northern countries as a prodevelopment policy that will help bring developing countries out of poverty...No other region has embraced this idea as much as Latin...
- Related stories: Friends of the Earth report says biofuels in Latin America harming environment, human rights
- Related companies: Abengoa Akuo Energy BASF Bayer Botnia Bunge Carbosur Cargill CI Famar COUSA Daabon Organic ENCE Energías Biodegradables de Costa Rica Factor CO2 Famar (part of CI Famar) Glencore (now Glencore Xstrata) Louis Dreyfus Lurgi (part of Air Liquide) Monsanto Nidera Noble Group Oil Fox Palmadó Palmas PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela) Petrobras Repsol YPF Syngenta Weyerhaeuser
Botnia is building a one-million-ton eucalyptus pulp mill in Fray Bentos, Western Uruguay. The project will bring significant socio-economic benefits to Uruguay, and the mill is the largest private investment in the country's history.
[PDF] [scroll to pg. 5] Transnational Corporations and Human Rights - Book on “Transnational Corporations on Trial”
Author: European Centre for Constitutional and Human Rights
Wolfgang Kaleck and Dr. Miriam Saage-Maaß presented a study...on the accountability of Transnational Corporations and their role in Human Rights abuses. This study...examines four current cases in which European Corporations [including Botnia,...
Los gobiernos de Noruega y Suecia rechazaron una denuncia que involucraba a la pastera Botnia, presentada en 2006 por el Centro de Derechos Humanos y Ambiente (CEDHA)...La queja presentada por el CEDHA estaba dirigida contra el banco sueco Nordea, que...
[PDF] Statement by the Swedish National Contact Point (NCP) for the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises – with the full support of Norway’s NCP – in connection with a complaint from the Argentine environmental organisation CEDHA against Nordea
Author: Swedish National Contact Point (NCP) for the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
The Swedish National Contact Point has not found indications to support the complaints made about Nordea having violated the OECD Guidelines in its part-financing of Botnia’s pulp mill in Uruguay...This position is founded partly on meetings...[and on...
Author: Mercopress [Uruguay]
The European Union Economic and Monetary Affairs Commissioner Joaquin Almunia said...that the Botnia pulp mill in Uruguay which recently begun production and is at the heart of an acrimonious dispute with Argentina complies “reasonably” with...
- Related stories: EU joins the dispute and supports Botnia pulp mill in Uruguay
- Related companies: Botnia