Mexx (part of RNF Holding)
Headquarters in Netherlands
Mexx was an international fashion company that was bought by Liz Claiborne in 2001. In 2011, Liz Claiborne sold Mexx at a loss, and in December 2014, three holidng companies of Mexx were declared bankrupt. The Turkish company Eroglu Holding acquired Mexx in 2015 and in 2017, the Dutch company RNF Holding bought Mexx. The acquisition of MEXX has been incorporated into the newly formed MEXX International BV.
Ukraine, Serbia & Hungary: Report by Clean Clothes Campaign details poverty wages & poor working conditions in garment factories producing for global brands; incl. co responses
The report "Europe's Sweatshops" published by Clean Clothes Campaign documents poverty wages and poor working conditions in the garment and shoe industry throughout Eastern and South-Eastern Europe. The report is presented together with new country...
- Related stories: Ukraine, Serbia & Hungary: Report by Clean Clothes Campaign details poverty wages & poor working conditions in garment factories producing for global brands; incl. co responses
- This is a non response from the following companies: Mexx (part of RNF Holding)
Business human rights responsibility for refugees & migrant workers: Turning policies into practice in the Middle East
Author: Samentha Goethals, Joseph Bardwell, Mariam Bhacker, & Bahaa Ezzelarab, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in Business & Human Rights Journal
...Our focus in this piece is to consider how companies have been implementing their human rights responsibility to address the risks and challenges faced by refugees and migrant workers in the Middle East, a region that is currently experiencing...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (Volume 2, Issue 2)
- Related in-depth areas: Syrian refugees: Abuse & exploitation in Turkish garment factories
- Related companies: Al Balagh Trading & Contracting Al Jaber Group Arcadia Group ASOS Associated British Foods BAM International (part of Royal BAM) Burberry C&A Esprit FIFA Gap Gerry Weber H&M HBK Contracting Company Inditex J&P Avax SA J&P Group J.C. Penney KiK Larsen & Toubro LC Waikiki Lidl Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mexx (part of RNF Holding) Midmac Mothercare New Look New Yorker Next OHL Otto Porr Primark (part of Associated British Foods) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Royal BAM s.Oliver Sainsbury's SuperGroup Tchibo Tesco VF Corp Walmart White Stuff
Author: Observatory for the Protection of Human Rights Defenders
According to the information received, on September 26, 2007, the Indian VII Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate in Bangalore decided to issue arrest warrants against seven Netherlands-based human rights defenders from CCC and ICN, at the request...
- Related stories: India: Observatory for the Protection of Human Rights Defenders raises concerns over lawsuit brought by Fibers & Fabrics against Dutch labour rights NGOs
- Related companies: Fibres & Fabrics International (FFI) G-Star Gap Giorgio Armani Guess Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mexx (part of RNF Holding)
Author: Fair Wear Foundation
Mexx [part of Liz Claiborne] informed FWF [Fair Wear Foundation] in April 2007 that, as Mexx is in the process of reconsidering its supply chain strategies in general, they wanted to stop ordering from FFI for several reasons. The last orders Mexx...
Author: Boby Kurian & Arun Iyer, Economic Times [India]
...Influential global NGOs and trade unions are now attacking India’s apparel export industry...Global biggies like Tommy Hilfiger, Levi’s, Ann Taylor and Mexx have snapped sourcing ties with Bangalore-based Fibres & Fabrics International (FFI)...
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
Legal action is being used by a company producing garments in India [Fibres and Fabrics International and its subsidiary Jeans Knit Pvt Ltd (FFI/JKPL)] to silence organisations in India and the Netherlands [Clean Clothes Campaign, India Committee of...
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
Following their efforts to draw attention to rights violations at an Indian garment factory, the Clean Clothes Campaign (CCC) and the India Committee of the Netherlands (ICN) have been summoned to appear in a Bangalore court on June 25, 2007. The Dutch...