Headquarters in USA
China: Investigation finds labour abuse & sexual harassment at toy factories producing for international brands; Includes company responses
In November 2019, labour rights NGO China Labour Watch (CLW) released a report raising allegations of labour abuses faced by workers at five factories producing for international toy brands in Guangdong Province, China. Abuses documented by CLW include...
- This is a non response from the following companies: MGA Entertainment
Author: Craig Simons, Austin American-Statesman [USA]
...[Labour] activists are adopting a strategy of publicizing conditions at globally recognized companies including Foxconn, which supplies dozens of international brands such as Apple... The goal is to pressure management to improve conditions. A...
Author: Associated Press
The pouty Bratz dolls so popular as Christmas presents are made at a factory in southern China where workers are obliged to toil up to 94 hours a week, among other violations, a labor rights group said in a report released Friday. The report by U.S....
[PDF] Wal-Mart Sweatshop Toys Made in China - “Always Low Prices” Means Rolling Back Respect For Human Rights
Author: China Labor Watch & National Labor Committee
...serious human right violations continue unabated year after year at the Lungcheong Toy factory [part of Lung Cheong International]... [produces toys for Wal-Mart, Mattel, MGA Entertainment; also refers to Xingyue Toy, Tyco Toys (part of Mattel)]
- Related stories: China: Reports say factories supplying Wal-Mart employ child workers, refuse responsibility for worker injuries, violate wage laws - Wal-Mart says it aggressively monitors & corrects suppliers' labour problems
- Related companies: Lung Cheong International Mattel MGA Entertainment Walmart
Author: Véronique Smée, Novethic
L'UFC-Que choisir a...«audité» les usines chinoises de ces entreprises et mené des entretiens avec des employés, en s’appuyant sur les normes édictées par l’Organisation Internationale du Travail...[fait référence à Hasbro, Mattel, Bandai, Walt Disney,...
More than 300 laid-off migrants protested on Wednesday to demand back pay from a southern China toy plant where they had toiled under sordid conditions that led clients to cancel their orders...Multinational firms such as Mattel Inc., MGA...
- Related stories: Chinese workers rally to demand back pay from toy plant
- Related companies: Mattel MGA Entertainment