- Dhaka Principles for Migration with Dignity
Author and date: Institute for Human Rights and Business, Nov 2011. Feedback on the Principles encouraged, until 15 Feb 2012: dhakaprinciples.ihrb.org
- Employment & Recruitment Agencies - Sector Guide on Implementing the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights [PDF
Author and date: Published by European Commission; developed by Institute for Human Rights and Business, and Shift
- Fair Hiring Toolkit
Author and date: Verité, 2011
"This Fair Hiring Toolkit offers tools, guidance, and approaches to support the responsible recruitment and hiring ofmigrant workers in global supply chains."
- [PDF] "Migrant Worker Management Toolkit: A Global Framework"
Author and date: Business for Social Responsibility, 2011
- "Migrant workers" (on Human Rights & Business Dilemmas Forum)
- Author: UN Global Compact, Maplecroft
- [PDF] "Business and Migration: Perceptions from Denmark - A Compilation of Reflections by Danish Business and Organized Industry on Various Issues Related to Migration"
- Author and date: The Hague Process on Refugees and Migration, 2009
- "Business and Migration: Roundtables for Collective Action" - "Over an initial 3-year period (2010-2012) 4 separate roundtables will be convened in developed countries and emerging markets"
- Business & Migration Initiative
Related stories and components
Nepal: New labour agreement requires Omani employers bear recruitment, migration & health costs for migrant workers
Author: Himalayan News Service
"Nepal, Oman to finalise labour pact next week", 1 May 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Migrant workers
India: One of the world’s most dangerous countries to be a coal miner, with one miner dying every six days
Author: Roli Srivastava, Thomas Reuters, India
"India disaster exposes lack of enforcement against deadly illegal mines", 4 January 2019...
- Related stories: India: Meghalaya’s coal district marred by illegal mining, unsafe working conditions, and attacks against human rights defenders
- Related in-depth areas: Child labour Extractives, including oil and mines Human trafficking Labour rights Migrant workers Mining Natural resources (land, water, forests)
Author: Laila Azzeh, Jordan Times
Unifying guest worker fees could be harmful for agriculture sector, labourers, activists warn, 25 January 2017...
Since 1993, Japan has operated a foreign trainee programme (the Technical Intern Trainee Programme), under which persons from developing countries are employed as technical interns by companies in Japan for a maximum of three years, ostensibly to...