- Dhaka Principles for Migration with Dignity
Author and date: Institute for Human Rights and Business, Nov 2011. Feedback on the Principles encouraged, until 15 Feb 2012: dhakaprinciples.ihrb.org
- Employment & Recruitment Agencies - Sector Guide on Implementing the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights [PDF
Author and date: Published by European Commission; developed by Institute for Human Rights and Business, and Shift
- Fair Hiring Toolkit
Author and date: Verité, 2011
"This Fair Hiring Toolkit offers tools, guidance, and approaches to support the responsible recruitment and hiring ofmigrant workers in global supply chains."
- [PDF] "Migrant Worker Management Toolkit: A Global Framework"
Author and date: Business for Social Responsibility, 2011
- "Migrant workers" (on Human Rights & Business Dilemmas Forum)
- Author: UN Global Compact, Maplecroft
- [PDF] "Business and Migration: Perceptions from Denmark - A Compilation of Reflections by Danish Business and Organized Industry on Various Issues Related to Migration"
- Author and date: The Hague Process on Refugees and Migration, 2009
- "Business and Migration: Roundtables for Collective Action" - "Over an initial 3-year period (2010-2012) 4 separate roundtables will be convened in developed countries and emerging markets"
- Business & Migration Initiative
Related stories and components
Bahrain: 18 workers at Mirador Hotel, Manama allege delayed wages of eight months; company did not respond
We reached out to the Mirador Hotel, Manama to invite them to respond to allegations that workers had not been paid for several months....
Author: Raji Unnikrishnan, GDN Online (Bahrain)
"Decision pending in pay row case, 80 employees claim they have not been paid for nine months," 30 Nov 2019...
Qatar: Study highlights obstacles to healthcare for male migrant workers; recommends greater employer accountability
A study published by the Centre for International and Regional Studies, Georgetown University in Qatar and World Innovation Summit for Health (WISH), an initiative of Qatar Foundation reviews the data single male labourers' (SML) access to healthcare...
Author: Nayema Nusrat, Inter Press Service
"Bangladeshi migrant female domestic workers face violence," 28 Nov 2019...
Qatar: UN expert on racism highlights discrimination, "stereotyping" and "profiling" of migrant workers
E Tendayi Achiume, UN Special Rapporteur on contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance, conducted a country visit to Qatar 21st November - 1st December 2019....
Author: U Sudhakar Reddy. Times of India
According to data of the ministry of external affairs (MEA), 33, 988 Indians have died in the Gulf since 2014, including 4,823 [in 2019]......
Author: Press Association News Agency
"Amnesty: Human rights play second fiddle to ‘politics and money’ at FIFA", 21 Nov 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE Migrant workers
- Related companies: FIFA
Bahrain: Proposed sponsorship reforms would allow employers "to more easily exploit migrant workers"
"Bahrain: Bill to restrict sponsorship transfer based on faulty information," 12 Nov 2019...
Nepal: Group of 25 countries attend international meet in Kathmandu to discuss protection of migrant workers
Author: Shirish B Pradhan, Outlook India
"Int'l conference in Nepal discusses protecting rights of migrant workers", 14 November 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Migrant workers