Headquarters in Luxembourg
Author: John Bray, political risk specialist, Control Risks Group
In the worst cases, companies can inadvertently fuel the structural causes of the conflict, undermining prospects for recovery. However, by presenting a vision of a different kind of future, where personal success comes from entrepreneurial initiative...
- Related in-depth areas: Academic Construction & engineering Finance Post-conflict reconstruction and reconciliation
- Related companies: Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Alstom ANZ Bank Arab Bank AT&T Banco Comercial Portugues Bank Austria Creditanstalt Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Bechtel BP Cable and Wireless Celtel China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Compaq (part of HP) Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Ericsson ExxonMobil France Telecom (now Orange) Halliburton HP (Hewlett-Packard) HVB Hyatt ING JPMorgan Chase KBR Louis Berger Millicom Mitsui MTN National Grid ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Orascom Petronas Portugal Telecom Royal Bank of Canada RZB Group Sanpaolo IMI (part of Intesa Sanpaolo) Scottish and Southern Energy Shell Siemens Stanbic Bank Standard Bank Standard Chartered Talisman (part of Repsol) Telenor Telstra Unocal (part of Chevron) Vodacom
[Se firmó un] Convenio para la Gestión Ambientalmente Segura de Residuos del sector de comunicaciones móviles. Este convenio fue suscrito por los operadores de telefonía móvil Comcel, Movistar [parte de Telefónica], Tigo y Avantel , el fabricante de...
These days, just about every tradesman, shopkeeper, and farmer in [Muruguru, Kenya] has a phone—or at least access to one... To the astonishment of the industry, people living on a few dollars a day have proven avid phone users, and in many parts of...
Author: Vicent Mnyanyika and Sturmius Mtweve, Citizen [Tanzania]
The National Environment Management Council (Nemc) has called for suspension of ongoing construction of telecommunication towers which lack in-depth research on health risks they pose to people and the environment...[Nemc director general Bonaventure]...
Author: Presidencia de Colombia
[Donaciones recibidas hasta la fecha:] Alqueria, Juan Carlos Saldarriaga, Sirioca LTDA, Alimentos Polar Colombia, Arturo Calle, Compaq S.A. [parte de HP], Davivienda - Grupo Bolivar, Cerrejón [parte de Anglo American, Xstrata, BHP Billiton], Tigo,...
- Related stories: Colombia: Ayudas empresariales por catástrofe invernal que ha dejado cientos de muertos y millones de damnificados
- Related companies: Anglo American BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) Carrefour Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP & Glencore) Compaq (part of HP) Davivienda HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hyundai Kia Motor Millicom PepsiCo Petrobras Pizano Procter & Gamble Protabaco Sanitas Tigo (part of Millicom) Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Jeff Landale, Access
Yesterday marked the two-year anniversary of the internet and mobile network blackout designed to undermine the anti-government protests in Egypt. This event catapulted the issue of telecoms and human rights onto the international stage. To mark this...
- Related stories: 2-year anniversary of internet blackout to undermine anti-govt. protests in Egypt: Access calls for stronger action by tech sector's "Industry Dialogue on Freedom of Expression and Privacy"
- Related companies: Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) AT&T BT France Telecom (now Orange) Millicom Nokia Telefónica Telenor TeliaSonera Vodafone
Author: Hannah Gould, Guardian [UK]
For international companies developing a culture that supports child rights, everything has to start with understanding impacts and aligning your priorities with those of the countries you operate in...[By] first understanding the impact and risk of...
- Related stories: Online discussion with UNICEF on how businesses can better assess their impact on children's rights (17 Jan)
- Related in-depth areas: Implementation
- Related companies: Kuoni Millicom
Key Telecommunications Players Collaborate with the Global Network Initiative on Freedom of Expression and Privacy Rights
Author: Global Network Initiative
The Global Network Initiative (GNI) is pleased to announce a two-year collaboration with a group of eight global companies that belong to the Telecommunications Industry Dialogue on Freedom of Expression and Privacy. By working together, GNI and the...
- Related stories: Global Network Initiative announces 2-year collaboration with 8 telecoms firms on freedom of expression, privacy issues
- Related in-depth areas: Business tools and guidance
- Related companies: Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) AT&T France Telecom (now Orange) Millicom Nokia Orange Telefónica Telenor TeliaSonera Vodafone
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The purpose of this e-bulletin is to help keep everyone working in the field of business & children's rights informed about recent key developments and forthcoming initiatives. [Includes contributions by UN Committee on the Rights of the Child, NGO...
- Related in-depth areas: Bulletin on Business and Children Latest news on Children
- Related companies: Aviva Barclays Body Shop (part of Natura) Bushmaster Firearms International, LLC Cerberus Capital Management ConocoPhillips Daewoo International (part of Posco) Fannie Mae Ford General Electric General Motors Google (part of Alphabet) HP (Hewlett-Packard) Huawei Technologies IKEA Itaú-BBA Kuoni Lego Millicom Nestlé Rosy Blue Sanofi