100 Best Corporate Citizens (USA)
Related stories and components
Starbucks Coffee Company response regarding “Starbucks bottom of ethical rating despite going Fairtrade” [UK
Author: Ben Packard, Starbucks
At Starbucks, we’re the first to admit we’re not perfect, no company is, and we have never claimed to be...[But] the authors of this report…have ignored Starbucks widely respected and industry-leading ethical buying guidelines for our coffee which...
- Related stories: UK: Ethical Consumer report puts Starbucks at bottom of ethical rating of coffee chains citing workers' rights concerns
- This is a response from the following companies: Starbucks
Author: CRO Magazine [USA]
[Top five placed companies: Bristol Myers-Squibb, General Mills, IBM, Merck & Co., HP]
- Related stories: USA: CRO Magazine lists top 100 corporate citizens for 2009
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Accenture Alcoa Allstate Apple Avon Ball Corp. Baxter International Boeing Bristol-Myers Squibb Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive ConocoPhillips Dell Dow Chemical Eaton El Paso Energy EMC Entergy ExxonMobil Fluor Freeport-McMoRan Gap Genentech General Electric General Mills Goldman Sachs Heinz Hess Corporation HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel JPMorgan Chase Kimberly-Clark Limited Brands Marathon Oil Mattel McDonald's Merck Microsoft Monsanto Newmont Nike Norfolk Southern Occidental Petroleum Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Pitney Bowes Procter & Gamble Reynolds American Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Safeway (USA) Sara Lee Schering-Plough Smithfield Foods Staples Starbucks State Street Sun Microsystems Texas Instruments Time Warner US Bancorp Verizon Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Xcel Energy Xerox YUM!
Author: CRO Magazine [USA]
...CRO’s 10th annual 100 Best List (compiled by IW Financial and edited by CRO) is completely based on publicly available information...[T]he methodology used to compile this year’s 100 Best list was debated and voted on in open session by 27 leading...
Author: CRO Magazine
In 2008, CRO—in partnership with IW Financial…tweaked the methodology to emphasize the corporate responsibility efforts of large, impactful corporations in eight categories: Climate Change, Employee Relations, Environment, Financial, Governance, Human...
Author: CRO Magazine
[Top five placed companies: Intel, Eaton, Nike, John Deere, Genentech]
- Related stories: USA: CRO Magazine's 100 Best Corporate Citizens 2008 - list topped by Intel, Eaton, Nike
- Related companies: Aetna Agilent Technologies Allegheny Energy American Electric Power Avalon Avon Bank of America Baxter International Bunge Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Constellation Energy Cooper Industries Corning Cummins Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Eastman Chemical Company Eaton Edison International El Paso Energy Entergy Exelon Fairchild Semiconductor FirstEnergy Ford FPL Group Freddie Mac Freeport-McMoRan Gap Genentech General Electric General Mills General Motors Gilead Sciences Goldman Sachs Goodyear Green Mountain Coffee Guess Hess Corporation Humana IBM Intel Intersil ITT Industries John Deere JPMorgan Chase Kraft Foods Lockheed Martin Marathon Oil McKesson MeadWestvaco Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola Nike Norfolk Southern Office Depot PepsiCo PG&E Phillips-Van Heusen PNC Financial Services PPL Progress Energy Public Service Enterprise Group Raytheon Reliant Energy Safeway (USA) Seagate Technology Southern Company Staples Starbucks State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco Target Temple-Inland Tiffany Union Pacific Verizon Walt Disney Waste Management Weyerhaeuser Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy
Author: Bill Baue, SocialFunds.com
Lists are playing an increasing role in defining and driving corporate sustainability and responsibility (CSR)...the Political Economy Research Institute (PERI)...launched the "Toxic 100"...Instead of applauding best practice, as the other lists do,...
Author: Business Ethics
The top four companies for 2004, in rank order, are Fannie Mae, Procter & Gamble, Intel, and St. Paul Companies -- all of which have made the list five years running...Other five-year firms include Avon Products, Ecolab, Herman Miller, Modine...
- Related companies: Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Aetna AFLAC Agilent Technologies AT&T Avon Cisco Systems Clorox Cummins Eastman Kodak Ecolab Fannie Mae Green Mountain Coffee Herman Miller HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel John Deere Kellogg's Medtronic Merck Motorola Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Pitney Bowes Procter & Gamble Southwest Airlines Starbucks Timberland Whirlpool