Ratings & indexes: General
Related stories and components
Author: William Baue, SocialFunds.com
The benchmark, released by the Rose Foundation today, addresses the scientific uncertainty of product toxicity through risk assessment and opportunity identification instead of inaction. [refers to General Electric, Avon, Baxter, Cardinal, JC Penney,...
Author: William Baue, SocialFunds.com
The list constitutes the 100 companies with the highest Intangible Values Assessment (IVA) scores from Innovest Strategic Value Advisors, a socially responsible investment (SRI) research firm...The Global 100 list...does...highlight three companies for...
[PDF] Working Group on Global Corporate Citizenship and Risk Assessment: Reducing Risk and Building Support in Turbulent Times [Apr-Oct 2005]
Author: Conference Board & Future 500
As a working group participant, you will have the opportunity to assess your company’s citizenship performance and risk against other working group companies in a Corporate Accountability Practice (CAP) Gap Audit...How do leading companies embed...
Author: Jem Bendell, Mark Bendell, Kate Kearins, Kate Ives & Wayne Visser,
Particular issues under the spotlight included activism, climate change, human rights, corruption, globalisation, standardization, sustainability reporting and taxation. [refers to Caterpillar, Minera Escondida (part of BHP Billiton), AMP Group, Co...
- Related stories: 4th Annual Review of Corporate Responsibility argues selling & marketing to poor consumers may not help reduce poverty or address basic needs
- Related companies: ABB Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) AMP Group AOL Barclays BHP Billiton Body Shop (part of Natura) Bristol-Myers Squibb British Sky Broadcasting BT Caterpillar Citigroup Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Dow Chemical DuPont Eastman Kodak Energie Baden-Wuerttemberg (EnBW) ExxonMobil General Electric Grameen Bank Guardian Media HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM ITV Johnson & Johnson MTV (part of Viacom) MTV Networks Europe (part of Viacom) National Grid Norske Skog NorskeCanada (part of Norske Skog) Novartis Pearson Pfizer Reed Elsevier Group Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters) Royal Philips Electronics Shell Sony Toyota Trinity Mirror Unilever Union Carbide (part of Dow)
[PDF] Protecting Public Health, Increasing Profits And Promoting Innovation By Benchmarking Corporate Governance of Chemicals in Products
Author: Richard A. Liroff, World Wildlife Fund
[Case studies on Samsung, Fujitsu, Sony, SC Johnson, Nike, Marks & Spencer, Boots, Gerber Products (part of Novartis), Chiquita. Also refers to Apple, Avon, Baxter, Compaq (part of Hewlett-Packard [HP]), Hewlett-Packard (HP), IBM, Abbott...
- Related stories: New benchmarks for addressing product toxicity, even in areas of scientific uncertainty
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Apple Avon B&Q (part of Kingfisher) Baxter International Body Shop (part of Natura) Boots (now Alliance Boots) Bristol-Myers Squibb Cardinal Chevron Chiquita Compaq (part of HP) Dow Chemical DuPont Eastman Kodak Fujitsu General Electric Georgia-Pacific (part of Koch Industries) Great Lakes Chemical HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM IKEA J.C. Penney Kimberly-Clark Kingfisher Marks & Spencer Nike Novartis Samsung SC Johnson Sony Supervalu Tyco Weyerhaeuser
Author: Alison Maitland, Financial Times
What can businesses learn about raising corporate governance standards from their experience of grappling with social, environmental and ethical concerns? [refers to mmo2]
- Related companies: mmo2 (now O2)
A new report by the World Wildlife Fund shows that the power sector, the biggest single contributor to climate change, is failing to act responsibly...The report Ranking Power reveals the companies’ overall failure to significantly invest in renewable...
- Related stories: New World Wildlife Fund report reveals global failure of power sector to combat climate change
- Related companies: Elkraft System Enel Iberdrola RAO-UES
[PDF] The Changing Landscape of Liability - A Director’s Guide to Trends in Corporate Environmental, Social and Economic Liability
[refers to Phillip Morris (part of Altria), McDonald's, Nestlé, Nike, Unocal, Ford, Shell, Monsanto, ExxonMobil, Dow Chemical, Union Carbide (part of Dow Chemical), Talisman, Walt Disney, Swiss Re, General Motors, General Electric, Texaco (part of...
- Related stories: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Cape/Gencor lawsuits (re So. Africa) Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) DynCorp lawsuits (re Colombia & Ecuador) Freeport-McMoRan lawsuits (re West Papua) New SustainAbility report: Management of social & environmental risk requires moving beyond legal requirements, attending to "moral liability" Nike lawsuit (Kasky v Nike, re denial of labour abuses) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Slavery reparations lawsuit (re USA) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Altria Barclays Burger King Cape PLC Chevron Coca-Cola Computer Sciences (CSC) Dow Chemical DynCorp ExxonMobil Ford Fresh Del Monte Produce Gap General Electric General Motors Grupo México KFC (part of YUM!) Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) McDonald's Mitsubishi Group Monsanto (part of Bayer) Nestlé Nike Northern Foods PepsiCo Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Rio Tinto Shell Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Swiss Re Talisman (part of Repsol) Texaco (part of Chevron) Total Union Carbide (part of Dow) Unocal (part of Chevron) Walt Disney YUM!