Workplace Equality Index (UK)
Related stories and components
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre, Ann Sofie Cloots (University of Cambridge), Charline Daelman (KU Leuven), Damiano de Felice (LSE) & Irene Pietropaoli (Middlesex University)
the project aims at: 1) flagging out the most important normative, methodological, practical and political challenges related to the production of business and human rights indicators, ratings and benchmarks; and 2) offering potential solutions to...
Stonewall’s sixth Workplace Equality Index, the basis for the Stonewall Top 100 Employers 2010, is the definitive national benchmarking exercise showcasing Britain’s top employers for lesbian, gay and bisexual (LGB) staff…The 25-question index survey...
- Related stories: UK: NGO Stonewall names 100 most gay friendly employers - IBM tops ranking
- Related in-depth areas: Recent NGO reports
- Related companies: Accenture American Express Aviva Barclays Co-operative Group Credit Suisse Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Ernst & Young Ford Goldman Sachs Herbert Smith Freehills (formerly Herbert Smith) IBM J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Morgan Stanley National Grid PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Royal Bank of Scotland
Author: Simon Bowers, Guardian [UK]
The City of London's biggest banks and trading houses may be making all the right noises in public about their anti-discrimination initiatives, but homophobia is still rife throughout many offices...according to gay and lesbian campaign group...
The [Workplace Equality] Index measures 20 criteria covering policy and practice—from having a non-discrimination policy promoted to all staff that includes sexual orientation to...supporting a lesbian and gay employee network group...On 17 January...
- Related stories: Top 100 British employers of lesbian, gay & bisexual staff for 2006 - top 10 include: IBM, Accenture, BT, Credit Suisse First Boston, JP Morgan
- Related companies: Accenture Aviva Barclays BT Citigroup Credit Suisse Goldman Sachs HSBC IBM J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Lehman Brothers Millivres Prowler Group Morgan Stanley Nationwide Building Society Pfizer PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble UBS
Author: Jamie Doward, Observer [UK]
...the gay lobby group Stonewall will release the first 'corporate equality index'. It will rank employers according to criteria ranging from whether they promote anti-discrimination policies to whether they have gay staff in their boardrooms......