Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group)
Headquarters in Japan
Thailand: Groups urge govt. to address labour rights violations to restore trade preferences from the USA
Author: The State Enterprise Workers' Relations Confederation (SERC)
“Solution for THAILAND: GSP Suspension Caused by Labour Rights Violations in Thailand”, 8 January 2020...
Japan: Mitsubishi Electric employee under investigation for office bullying linked to recruit's suicide
Author: The Japan Times
“Mitsubishi Electric worker investigated over suicide of recruit”, 7 Dec 2019...
- Related companies: Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group)
An umbrella organisations of labour unions in the manufacturing industries has published a study showing that the agreements between management and the labour unions of manjor manufacturers all allow for overtime at least up to the officialy recognise...
Mitsubishi Electric has been referred for possible prosecution for allegedly forcing an employee to work excessive overtime. The former employee, who developed a psychological disorder after having been forced to work for more than 160 hours of overti...
Company disclosure of water management strategies exemplifies importance of water security for climate action
Author: Carbon Disclosure Project
"Thirsty business: Why water is vital to climate action, 2016 Annual Report of Corporate Water Disclosure", Nov 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Acciona Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) BASF Bayer Centrica Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Diageo Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Fiat Chrysler Ford General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Gold Fields Harmony Gold HP (Hewlett-Packard) Iberdrola Inditex Kao Kumba Iron Ore L'Oreal Lockheed Martin Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) OMV Sony Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Toyota Unilever
The Network against Japan Arms Trade (NAJAT), has expressed concern regarding reports that the Japanese and Israeli governments have agreed on a project for joint development of drones for military use. NAJAT points to the large number of reports of h...
Mitsubishi Electric responded to the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre regarding the NAJAT report, stating that it had not been approached regarding the joint development with Israel of drone technology. ...
- Related stories: Japan: Reported joint drone development with Israel
- This is a response from the following companies: Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group)
[PDF] Press Release - Bahrain Grand Prix: Only 29% of Formula One companies respond to human rights concerns
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Only 29% of firms linked to Formula One responded to Business & Human Rights Resource Centre about human rights concerns that various organizations raised relating to the Bahrain Grand Prix, scheduled for 20-22 April. Forty two companies or teams...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre press release: Only 29% of Formula One companies respond to human rights concerns Protests over the Bahrain Grand Prix 2012
- Related companies: Acer adidas Alpinestars Casio Caterham F1 Team (part of Caterham) CNBC (part of Comcast) CNN (part of Time Warner) Comcast Cosworth Daimler Dell Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo Falcon Private Bank (part of International Petroleum Investment Company) Force India Gillette (part of Procter & Gamble) Hackett Hilton Hugo Boss Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Microsoft Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group NEC Petronas Philip Morris International Pirelli Procter & Gamble Reebok (part of adidas) Renault Santander Siemens Tata Group Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Time Warner UB Group Virgin Group Visa Inc. Vodafone
Author: Business and Human Rights Resource Centre
These are examples of significant company contributions through 16 Mar; not a comprehensive list. [refers to: Abbot, Abbott and Abbott, Aflac, American Airlines, American Eagle, American Express, Amgen, AMR, Amway, Apple, AT&T, Bank of America,...
- Related companies: American Airlines (AMR) American Express Amgen Amway (part of Alticor) Apple AT&T Bank of America Bank of Montreal Best Western Boeing Brookstone Caterpillar Charles Schwab Chase (part of JPMorgan Chase) Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips (Phillips Petroleum) Cox Communications (part of Cox Enterprises) Cox Enterprises Credit Suisse DBS Bank Deutsche Bank Eli Lilly Facebook Fast Retailing Fifth Third Bank Fujitsu General Electric (GE) General Mills Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Honda JPMorgan Chase Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kyocera Levi Strauss MasterCard Mazda McDonald's Medtronic Merck Microsoft Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Morgan Stanley Motorola NEC Nissan OCBC Bank Panasonic PNC Financial Services Procter & Gamble Samsung Sega Sony Sprint Starbucks Sun Life Financial Telus Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Bank) Toyota Twitter Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing) UPS Verizon Visa Inc. Vonage Walmart Western Union