Member of UN Global Compact
Author: Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Ltd.
In 2011, no significant incidents relating to process safety occurred at the Company facilities...[W]e achieved the lowest LTI rate...The Company maintains its active involvement in the United Nations Global Compact...Since last year we have headed...
- Related stories: Sustainable development report - Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Ltd. 2011
- Related in-depth areas: Oil & gas
- Related companies: Exxon Neftegas (part of ExxonMobil) Gazprom Mitsui Sakhalin Energy (joint venture Shell, Gazprom, Mitsui, & Mitsubishi) Shell
Author: BBC News
Oil giant BP has agreed a settlement with contractor Cameron International over the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. Cameron was the designer and manufacturer of the blow-out preventer on the Deep Water Horizon project, which failed during the spill. Under...
Author: Russel Gold, Wall Street Journal
Transocean...which owned and operated the deepwater drilling rig that exploded in the Gulf of Mexico, filed a legal motion...asking the federal court in New Orleans to let the company off the hook for costs related to the cleanup of the roughly 4.9...
Author: Michael Stothard, Financial Times
Anadarko...the part-owner of the oil well at the centre of the Gulf of Mexico spill, has agreed to pay BP $4bn to settle all claims relating to the accident last year, which led to the death of 11 workers...The out of court settlement marks the end of...
Author: Sylvia Pfeifer, Michael Stothard, Financial Times
BP will be able to cease its payments into a $20bn compensation fund to help meet claims from last year’s Gulf of Mexico oil spill one year earlier than expected after striking an out-of-court settlement with Anadarko...Anadarko, one of BP’s minority...
- Related stories: US Deepwater Horizon explosion & oil spill lawsuits USA: BP to end payments to oil spill fund one year earlier than expected following $4 billion settlement with Anadarko
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Anadarko Mitsui MOEX (part of Mitsui) Transocean Weatherford International
Author: Ayesha Rascoe, Reuters
A U.S. team probing the causes of last year's massive BP oil spill has delayed the release of its final report in order to more fully weigh the evidence, investigators said...The government's findings on the spill that killed 11 workers and ravaged...
Author: Allen Johnson Jr., Margaret Cronin Fisk, Bloomberg
BP...can halt litigation with minority business partner Anadarko...so the companies can arbitrate liability over costs of last year’s oil- well blowout in the Gulf of Mexico, a judge said. Anadarko sued BP, asking a federal judge in New Orleans to...
[PDF] Piloting Principles for Effective Company-Stakeholder Grievance Mechanisms: A Report of Lessons Learned
Author: Caroline Rees, Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative, Harvard Kennedy School, on behalf of UN Special Representative on business & human rights John Ruggie
This report sets out key lessons learned from a pilot project conducted in 2009-2010 to test the practical applicability of a set of principles for effective non-judicial grievance mechanisms...involving businesses and their stakeholders. The...
- Related stories: Report on "Piloting Principles for Effective Company-Stakeholder Grievance Mechanisms" - with new annexes by Doug Cahn, Stephan Sonnenberg, Luc Zandvliet
- Related in-depth areas: Company-based General non-judicial mechanisms Grievance mechanisms (non-judicial) UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Related companies: Anglo American BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata) Delta Electronics Esquel Gazprom HP (Hewlett-Packard) Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Sakhalin Energy (joint venture Shell, Gazprom, Mitsui, & Mitsubishi) Shell Tesco Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata)
Author: Associated Press
Moex…one of BP's minority partners in the blown-out Deepwater Horizon well, has agreed to pay the British oil company $1.065 billion to settle all claims between the companies over the accident in the Gulf of Mexico. BP said…that it would continue to...
Author: Andrei Galaev, CEO, Sakhalin Energy
I would like to commend your achievements in clarifying the corporate responsibility to respect human rights in particular, and providing a really practical guide for companies such as ours in their efforts to meet this responsibility...We can attest...
- Related in-depth areas: UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Related companies: Gazprom Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Sakhalin Energy (joint venture Shell, Gazprom, Mitsui, & Mitsubishi) Shell