Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group)
Headquarters in Japan
Mizuho has already been focusing on responsible investing and financing. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. adopted the Equator Principles as the first Asian bank in 2003, and Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. established the Policies on Specific Industrial Sectors in 2018,...
- Related stories: Report alleges major banks contribute to climate change through increased funding of fossil fuels
- This is a response from the following companies: Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Mizuho Financial Group
In May 2019, a group of NGOs led by Rainforest Action Network published research findings that suggest some of the biggest banks around the world are financing fossil fuels more than ever before. Since the Paris Agreement took effect in 2016, 33 of the...
USA: Environmental NGOs criticise banks' funding of Dakota Access Pipeline, concerned about pollution, indigenous rights
Through the controversy over the Dakota Access Pipeline, NGOs have questioned the role of banks in financing the pipeline's construction and the companies developing it. In February 2016, after the US Government issued final permits for the pipeline...
Ferrovial could be liable for crimes against humanity over conditions in Australia’s refugee camps in Papua New Guinea; incl. company comments
Author: Ben Doherty & Patrick Kingsley, Guardian (UK)
"Refugee camp company in Australia 'liable for crimes against humanity'", 25 Jul 2016...
- Related stories: Report links financial sector to human rights abuses of asylum-seekers in Australia's offshore detention centres
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Banco Popular Banco Sabadell Bank of America Bankinter Barclays BBVA BNP Paribas Citigroup Crédit Agricole Deutsche Bank Ferrovial HSBC Intesa Sanpaolo JPMorgan Chase Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley Royal Bank of Scotland Santander Société Générale
Indonesia: Japanese and international NGOs call for halt to construction of coal plant in Batang, citing lack of local consent
- Related stories: Indonesia: Japanese and international NGOs call for halt to construction of coal plant in Batang, citing lack of local consent
- This is a non response from the following companies: Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group)
BankTrack report finds banks not yet living up to human rights obligations under UN Guiding Principles
Author: Dow Jones Newswires
Tokyo Electric Power...is seeking around 2 trillion yen, or $25 billion, in loans to fund repairs at power stations damaged by the March 11 earthquake but questions remain on exactly how much liability the utility, rather than central government, may...
Author: PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Carbon Disclosure Project
In 2010, the CDP asked the world’s 500 largest public companies in the FTSE Global Equity Index Series...to demonstrate that they are taking action on climate change. This report, prepared by CDP’s global adviser, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC),...
- Related stories: Report says carbon management becoming a "strategic business priority" - says Siemens, Deutsche Post, BASF, Bayer, Samsung top 5 firms for carbon disclosure
- Related companies: 3M A.P. Moller - Maersk ABB Abbott Laboratories Abertis Accenture ACE Group Adobe Systems AFLAC Ahold Air Liquide Air Products Akzo Nobel Allergan Allianz Allstate Alstom Amazon.com AmBev (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) América Movil American Electric Power American Express Amgen Anadarko Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) AngloGold Ashanti Anheuser-Busch InBev Apache Apple Applied Materials Arcelor Mittal Archer Daniels Midland AstraZeneca AT&T Atlantia Aviva AXA BAE Systems Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Barclays Barrick Gold Baxter International Bayer BB&T BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Beiersdorf Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy BG Group Bharti Airtel BHP Billiton BMW BNP Paribas BOC Group (part of Linde) Boeing Bouygues BP Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco British Sky Broadcasting BT Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) BYD Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Caisse d'Epargne Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canadian Natural Resources Canon Capital One Carnival Carrefour Caterpillar Cathay Pacific Central Japan Railway Centrica CEZ Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Cheung Kong Chevron China Construction Bank China Life Insurance China Mobile China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) China Telecom China Unicom Chubb Group Chubu Electric Power Chunghwa Telecom Cisco Systems Citigroup CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) CNP Assurances Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Commonwealth Bank ConocoPhillips Corning Costco Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) CSX CVS Daimler Danaher Danone Danske Bank DBS Bank Dell Denso Deutsche Bank Deutsche Boerse Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Devon Energy Diageo DirecTV Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Duke Energy E.ON East Japan Railway eBay Ecopetrol EDF Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge EnCana Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Eni Entergy EOG Resources Ericsson Erste Bank der Oesterreichischen Sparkassen Exelon Express Scripts ExxonMobil FedEx Fiat Ford Fortum France Telecom (now Orange) Franklin Templeton Freeport-McMoRan Fresenius Medical Care Gap Gazprom GDF Suez (now Engie) General Dynamics General Electric General Mills Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Goldcorp Goldman Sachs Google Groupe Banque Populaire Grupo ACS H&M Halliburton Hang Seng Bank Heineken Henderson Land Hess Corporation Home Depot Hon Hai Honda Honeywell HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Husky Energy Hutchison Whampoa Hyundai Corporation (part of Hyundai Group) Hyundai Group Iberdrola IBM ICICI ICL Plastics Illinois Tool Works Imperial Oil Imperial Tobacco Indian Oil Corporation Inditex Infosys ING INPEX Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Itaú-BBA ITC Jardine Matheson JFE Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) KB Home KBC KDDI Kellogg Kimberly-Clark Kohl's Komatsu Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger Kyocera L'Oreal Larsen & Toubro Linde Lloyds TSB Lockheed Martin Loews Lowe's Lukoil LVMH Manulife Financial Marathon Oil Maroc Telecom MasterCard McDonald's McKesson Medtronic Merck Metlife Metro Group Microsoft Millea Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Mitsui Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola MTN MTR Munich Re Naspers Group National Australia Bank National Grid National Oilwell Varco Natixis (joint venture Caisse d'Epargne & Groupe Banque Populaire) Newcrest Newmont News Corporation Nike Nintendo Nippon Mining Nippon Mining & Metals (part of Nippon Mining) Nissan Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norfolk Southern Northrop Grumman Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) NTT Docomo Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Oracle Panasonic PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris International PNC Financial Services Posco PotashCorp PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Praxair Procter & Gamble Prudential Financial Prudential plc PTT Public Service Enterprise Group QBE Insurance Raytheon Reckitt Benckiser Reliance Industries Repsol YPF Research In Motion (now BlackBerry) Richemont Rio Tinto Roche Rosneft Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal Philips Electronics RWE SABMiller Saint-Gobain Samsung Sanofi Santander SAP Sasol Schlumberger Schneider Electric Scottish and Southern Energy Seven & i Shell Shin Shin-Etsu Group Shinhan Bank Siemens Sime Darby Simon Property Singapore Telecommunications Société Générale Softbank Sony Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Southwestern Energy Standard Bank Standard Chartered Staples Starbucks State Bank of India State Street Statoil Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Sun Hung Kai Properties Sun Life Financial Suncor Surgutneftegas Swiss Re Syngenta Sysco Takeda Pharmaceutical Talisman Target Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Teck Resources Telecom Italia Telefónica Telenor TeliaSonera Telstra Tesco Teva Pharmaceutical Texas Instruments ThyssenKrupp Time Warner TJX Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Toronto-Dominion Bank Toshiba Total Toyota Transcanada Transocean Tullow Oil Tyco UBS Unibail UniCredit Bulbank Unilever Union Pacific United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS US Bancorp Vale Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Verizon Viacom Vinci Visa Inc. Vivendi Vodafone Volkswagen Wal-Mart de Mexico Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Wesfarmers Westfield Westpac Wharf Holdings Wilmar International Wipro Woolworths Group Xstrata (part of Glencore) Yahoo! YUM! Zurich