Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group)
Headquarters in Japan
Where do you draw the line? - Research into the financial links between five bank groups and companies that abuse human rights
Author: Netwerk Vlaanderen [Belgium]
[describes human rights concerns regarding companies & projects in which AXA, Dexia, Fortis, ING & KBC have invested] Regarding credit, AXA informs us that every offer of credit is subject to ethical rules and the rule of law... AXA states that...
- Related stories: AXA, ING, Fortis, Dexia & KBC have invested over US$8 billion in companies & projects implicated in human rights violations, says Belgian NGO Walmart lawsuit (re gender discrimination in USA)
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas Aon AXA Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas British American Tobacco Celestica Chevron Citigroup Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Credit Suisse Dell Dexia DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Flextronics Fortis Heineken Henan Rebecca HP (Hewlett-Packard) HVB IBM ING Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Jabil Circuit KBC Levi Strauss Marubeni Mitsubishi Group Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) Nike Nippon Oil Pou Chen Premier Oil PTT Puma Reebok (part of adidas) Royal Bank of Scotland Sanmina-SCI Sojitz Solectron Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Total Triodos Bank Triumph International Unocal (part of Chevron) Walmart Yue Yuen
Author: CSR Asia Weekly
Japan's largest commercial bank, Mizuho, has adopted new health guidelines for employees...to prevent against death from overwork or 'karoshi'...the move was prompted by a damages suit filed by the family of a former employee who died from overwork in...
- Related companies: Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group)
Author: Intl. Confederation of Free Trade Unions (ICFTU)
[Updated Jan 2005] The database has been compiled by the ICFTU, based on publicly available information. It is a database of companies which appear, from the information available, to have some form of relationship with Burma...This list is not...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Other issues Southeast Asia
- Related companies: 3M Abercrombie & Kent Acer Aditya Birla Group Adventures Abroad Air Canada Air China Air France KLM Airbus Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Amer Aon APL Limited (part of Neptune Orient Lines) Aptech Bangkok Bank Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Ben Line Agencies Berli Jucker Bernas BJ Services Blue Mountain BlueScope Cambrian Caterpillar Cathay Pacific Celio CHC Chengda Chevalier Chia Khim Lee China Academy of Telecommunication Technology China Airlines China CAMC Engineering China Exim China Metallurgical (MCC) China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Telecom Chiyoda Coles Group Cosco CP (Charoen Pokphand) Crédit Agricole Daewoo International (part of Posco) Davis Langdon DBS Bank Deutsche Bank Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diethelm Keller DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Dongfeng Motor Downer Edi East Asiatic Company Electricité et Eaux de Madagascar Eni Esri UK First Cabin Fortinet Fritz Werner Company Fuji Heavy Industries GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) Garuda Indonesia General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Hagemeyer Hapag-Lloyd Group Hazama Hitachi Hitchins Hutchison Whampoa Hyosung Hyundai Corporation (part of Hyundai Group) Hyundai Group IHC Caland Indian Airlines Indian Oil Corporation Inetol Headwear Ingersoll-Rand Intergraph International Finerhandel International Hardwood Flooring International SOS Italthai (Italian-Thai Development Public Company) Itochu Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Japan Airlines Jardine Matheson Jet Gold JFE Kajima Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) Kmart (part of Sears) KMC Oiltools KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) Korea East-West Power (part of Korea Electric Power) Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) Korea United Pharm Leeward Capital Leica Geosystems Leo Burnett (part of Publicis) Lexmark LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) LightPointe Lloyd's of London Lonely Planet Louis Dreyfus LSG Sky Chefs Lufthansa Majuko Malaysia Airlines MAN Marubeni Michelin Midas Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (MOL) Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) MMC Nera Nestlé Network Equipment Technologies NHPC (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation - India) Nippon Koei Nippon Oil Nishimatsu Construction Nissei Noble Caledonia OCBC Bank OCS Okaya Omega Watches (part of Swatch) ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) OOCL (part of Orient Overseas (International) Limited) Otis (part of United Technologies) Pansea Hotels & Resorts Pertamina Petronas PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP, part of PTT) Qantas Airways Ranbaxy Laboratories Rheinmetall Robbins Timber Rolls-Royce plc Samsung Schenker Schindler Schlumberger Schneider Electric Sea Containers Senao Shangri-La Hotel Shin Siemens Singapore Petroleum Sinopec Snamprogetti (part of Eni) Sojitz Solvay SriLankan Airlines State Bank of India Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Sun Wah Suzuki Swatch Swift (co-operative) Telekom Malaysia Texchem Thai Airways International Thomas Cook Total Toyota Ukrspetsexport UMW United Technologies Unocal (part of Chevron) Van de Stadt Waagner-Biro Willis Zhejiang Orient Holding ZTE
[PDF] Principles, Profits or just PR? Triple P investments under the Equator Principles: An Anniversary Assessment
[refers to Barclays, ABN AMRO, Citigroup, Mizuho, Société Générale, Banca Intesa, Dexia, HVB, ING, KBC, Royal Bank of Scotland, West LB, Royal Bank of Canada, Lukoil, Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole), Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz), Rabobank, Crédit...
- Related companies: ABN Amro Allianz Banca Intesa (part of Intesa Sanpaolo) Barclays BBVA BP Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Citigroup Credit Suisse Dexia Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) Electricity Generating Public Company Gazprom HSBC HVB ING KBC Lukoil Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monterrico Metals (part of Zijin) NHPC (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation - India) Rabobank Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Société Générale Standard Chartered STEAG West LB Westpac
Author: Baku Ceyhan Campaign
The Baku Ceyhan Campaign has, along with its partner groups, carried out a detailed study of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for the Turkish section of the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan (BTC) pipeline. Astoundingly, it found 173 violations of...
- Related companies: ABN Amro AGIP (part of Eni) BP Citigroup Delta Hess K&K Ltd (joint venture Amerada Hess & Delta Oil) Delta Oil Eni Hess Corporation Itochu Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Société Générale State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) Turkish Petroleum (TPAO) Unocal (part of Chevron)