Mobil Oil (part of ExxonMobil)
Headquarters in USA
Nigeria: Auditor-General releases PWC forensic audit report on allegations of unremitted revenue by NNPC
'Auditor General for the Federation Report on the investigative forensic audit into the allegations of unremitted funds into the federation accounts by the NNPC', 1 Feb 2015:…The Office of the Auditor-General for the Federation (AuGF) engaged...
- Related stories: Nigeria: House of Representatives investigates non-remittance of $13.9 billion by NNPC
- Related companies: Chevron Esso (part of ExxonMobil) ExxonMobil J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Mobil Oil (part of ExxonMobil) Nexen Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) (joint venture Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Eni, ConocoPhillips) Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) PricewaterhouseCoopers Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters) Shell Total
Author: Ziakede Aginighan, in Vanguard (Nigeria)
...Paradoxically, the [Niger-Delta] territory that was identified as difficult to develop has borne the burden of Nigeria’s oil and gas production for the past 5 decades. With an oil sector that provides over 80% of Nigeria’s Government revenue and 95...
Author: David Hill, The Ecologist
The 'Mashco-Piro' are one of an estimated fifteen indigenous groups in Peru living without any regular contact with outsiders…During the 'Rubber Boom' in the late 19th and early 20th centuries scores of people poured into the Amazon to source rubber.....
[PDF] Revenue transparency to mitigate the resource curse in the Niger Delta? - Potential and Reality of NEITI
Author: Marie Müller, Bonn International Center for Conversion (BICC)
…Nigeria can serve as an interesting test case for inquiring to what extent revenue transparency can actually contribute to greater accountability…The paper is therefore guided by the question: To what extent can the Nigeria Extractive Industries...
[PDF] Think globally, sue locally: Out-of-court tactics employed by plaintiffs, their lawyers, and their advocates in transnational tort cases
Author: Jonathan Drimmer, Steptoe & Johnson, released by U.S. Chamber of Commerce Institute for Legal Reform
Over the past 15 years, there has been a sharp rise in lawsuits brought against United States companies, as well as foreign companies with a substantial U.S. presence, that are premised on alleged personal or environmental injuries that occur overseas...
- Related stories: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) Daimler lawsuit (re Argentina) Drummond lawsuit (re Colombia) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Firestone lawsuit (re Liberia) Nike lawsuit (Kasky v Nike, re denial of labour abuses) Occidental lawsuit (re Colombia) Pfizer lawsuit (re Nigeria) Report commissioned by US Chamber of Commerce on lawsuits against US firms for alleged abuses overseas - accuses lawyers, plaintiffs, advocates of unethical tactics Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Shell lawsuit (re oil pollution in Nigeria) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) U.S. apparel cos. lawsuit (re Saipan) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Walmart lawsuit (re gender discrimination in USA) Yahoo! lawsuit (re China) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: AirScan Archer Daniels Midland Bridgestone Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) Brylane (part of Pinault Printemps-Redoute) Cargill Chevron Chiquita Coca-Cola Daimler DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Del Monte Foods Dole Dow Chemical Drummond ExxonMobil Firestone Natural Rubber (part of Bridgestone) Gap Gulf Oil Levi Strauss Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Mobil Oil (part of ExxonMobil) Nestlé Occidental Petroleum Petroecuador Pfizer PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Rio Tinto Shell Target Texaco (part of Chevron) Union Carbide (part of Dow) Unocal (part of Chevron) Walmart Yahoo!
Author: Vanguard [Nigeria]
Fishermen operating in Akwa Ibom say they need divine intervention to end the dwindling fish catch occasioned by [an] oil spill from the Qua Iboe oil fields. Mobil Producing Nigeria...operators of the Qua Iboe oil export terminal in Ibeno, Akwa Ibom,...
Author: Canadian Occupational Health & Safety News
An Alberta judge has ruled that the actions of Mobil Oil Canada [part of ExxonMobil] supervisors more than 15 years ago amounted to discrimination and retaliation against a female worker...[and that she is] entitled to compensation…Walsh submitted a...
Author: Commission of Nobel Laureates on Peace, Equity & Development in Niger Delta Region of Nigeria - signed by Elie Wiesel, J.M. Coetzee, José Ramos-Horta, Harold Pinter & 61 other Nobel Laureates
The Commission of Nobel Laureates on Peace, Equity and Development in the Niger Delta Region of Nigeria is an endeavour of the Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity (EWF)... The U.S. Department of Energy estimates that over 4,000 oil spills discharging...
- Related stories: Nigeria: 65 Nobel laureates call on oil companies to publish audits of revenues, invest more in community development, address environmental damage
- Related companies: AGIP (part of Eni) Chevron Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Eni ExxonMobil Mobil Oil (part of ExxonMobil) Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Shell Texaco (part of Chevron) Total