Mondi (part of Anglo American)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in South Africa
KnowTheChain assessed 39 of the largest publicly listed companies in the paper and forestry and home furnishing retail sectors on their efforts to address forced labour risks in their supply chains, based on publicly disclosed information. The findings...
- Related stories: KnowTheChain: Ranking companies' efforts to address forced labour in their supply chains
- Related companies: Aaron's Inc Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose) Bed Bath & Beyond Canfor Corporation Domtar Duratex SA Empresas CMPC Fibria Floor & Decor Holdings Inc Holmen Home Depot Home Product Center Public Company Limited Howden Joinery Group Plc International Paper Kingfisher Lee and Man Paper Manufacturing Limited Louisiana-Pacific Lowe's Metsä Fibre Oy (formerly Metsä-Botnia) Mondi (part of Anglo American) Nine Dragons Paper Nippon Paper Industries Co Ltd Nitori Holdings Co Ltd Norbord Inc Oji Paper Sappi Shandong Chenming Paper Holdings Ltd Siam Global House Public Company Limited Stella-Jones Inc Stora Enso Suzano Papel e Celulose The Navigator Company SA UPM Via Varejo SA West Fraser Timber Co Ltd WestRock Weyerhaeuser Williams Sonoma
So. Africa: Study finds that many companies listed on JSE's Sustainability Index flout environmental laws
Author: Alide Dasnois, GroundUp
'Some of SA's top companies are quietly breaking the law', 8 Sep 2015: Some of the top companies on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange are flouting environmental laws and not telling their shareholders, according to a study by the Centre for...
Africa: Academic urges economic justice actors to fight both illegal and licit financial flows, adopt more nuanced approach
Author: Patrick Bond, University of Kwazulu Natal in Pambazuka News (Africa)
'Retreat of foreign investment from Africa means less looting', 2 Sep 2015:…[A] Zimbabwe NGO conference…was dedicated to fighting illegal capital flight from across the African continent…[Will] the region’s…economic-justice NGOs take the next step and...
- Related companies: Anglo American Barclays BHP Billiton British American Tobacco De Beers Dimension Data FirstRand Group Investec Liberty Life Lonmin Mondi (part of Anglo American) MTN Naspers Group Nedbank Old Mutual SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Sasol Standard Bank Vale Vedanta Resources Vodacom
Author: Larry Lohmann, Abya Yala Ediciones
Durante la última década, el comercio de emisiones se ha revelado como la pieza clave de las iniciativas mundiales para luchar contra el cambio climático…[Pero] toda una serie de grandes empresas, organismos financieros, centros académicos, gobiernos,...
- Related companies: Aditya Birla Group Anglo American Arcelor Mittal Bank of America Barclays BNP Paribas Campbell Soup Chevron Deutsche Bank E.ON Energie Baden-Wuerttemberg (EnBW) Enron Fortis General Electric Goldman Sachs Intel Jindal Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Lehman Brothers Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Mondi (part of Anglo American) Rhodia RWE Sasol Shell Sumitomo Group Tata Group Vattenfall
Author: Elizabeth Umlas, commissioned by Realizing Rights, Global Reporting Initiative, UN Global Compact
This independent analysis, based on a review of 57 recent sustainability reports from companies representing a range of industry sectors, presents examples of encouraging trends in human rights reporting, as well as indications of key areas where...
- Related stories: 2 new reports on corporate human rights reporting (by UN Global Compact, Realizing Rights, GRI)
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Abertis Ahold Air France KLM American Airlines Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) BAE Systems Bancaja Banesto Barclays BASF Bavaria (part of SABMiller) BG Group BP British American Tobacco British Land Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Campbell Soup Cemex China Mobile Coca-Cola CVS Delhaize Dow Chemical Enbridge Ford GlaxoSmithKline H&M HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hydro-Québec Marathon Oil Migros Mondi (part of Anglo American) Nestlé Newmont Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) OMV Procter & Gamble Repsol YPF Roche Starbucks Strauss Talisman Tata Group Telefónica TNT (part of TPG) TPG United Technologies Walt Disney Waste Management Wipro
Vigeo’s reference model is based on criteria drawing together international objectives for social responsibility…In this paper we only consider findings analysed under the Human Rights Domain…25% of the UK companies do not address human rights issues...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti AstraZeneca BAE Systems Barclays BHP Billiton BP G4S GlaxoSmithKline HSBC J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Mondi (part of Anglo American) Nedbank Old Mutual Reckitt Benckiser Rio Tinto Royal Bank of Scotland Serco Shell Standard Chartered Tesco Unilever Vigeo Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Emma Wilson, Intl. Institute for Environment & Development, for The Forests Dialogue
This discussion paper explores the potential for addressing conflict in the forest sector through the use of company-led tools and mechanisms... The paper offers examples of tools and approaches that are being employed by companies and non-industry...
- Related stories: Report urges companies in forest sector to take the lead in resolving conflicts with local people
- Related in-depth areas: Peacebuilding
- Related companies: Anglo American APRIL (Asia Pacific Resources International Limited) Aracruz Celulose DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Forest Enterprises Australia (FEA) Great Southern Gunns Mondi (part of Anglo American) Norske Skog PricewaterhouseCoopers Sappi Stora Enso Timberlands
Author: World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
This document is composed of four parts: 1. Key messages from business The rationale for linking water, energy and climate change issues 2. Policy directions... 3. Business implications in practice... 4. Facts in a nutshell... [refers to positive steps...
- Related stories: World Business Council for Sustainable Development says issues of water, energy & climate change should be tackled together
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Anglo American BC Hydro Borealis (joint venture International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC) of Abu Dhabi & OMV) Borouge (joint venture Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) & Borealis) BP Dow Chemical EDF Eskom Foster's GDF Suez (now Engie) GHD IBM ITT Industries MeadWestvaco Mondi (part of Anglo American) PepsiCo Petro-Canada (part of Suncor) Procter & Gamble Rio Tinto Shell Sony Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement)