Headquarters in United Kingdom
Author: Oxfam GB
... In the UK, the grocery sector is one of the most diverse and sophisticated in the world, worth nearly £185bn per year... Supermarkets have delivered low prices, unparalleled year-round choice and ‘just in time’ convenience to many consumers in ...
Author: Oxfam International and the Sustainable Seafood Alliance Indonesia
... Our interviews with workers on Thai fishing vessels... suggest that forced labour and other appalling employment practices are still in use. Our findings echo those of other recent reports, meaning that supermarkets sourcing shrimp and other...
- Related stories: Oxfam scores US and European supermarkets on food supply chains
- Related in-depth areas: Maritime Industry and Human Rights: Fishing
- Related companies: Ahold Delhaize Albertsons Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Costco Edeka Group Jumbo Kroger Lidl Morrisons Plus REWE-Group Sainsbury's Tesco Walmart Whole Foods Market
New report looks at reporting progress under the UK Modern Slavery Act; finds need for better enforcement
Author: Ergon Associates
"Modern slavery reporting: Is there evidence of progress?", October 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
- Related companies: Aldi Alphabet Apple ASOS Associated British Foods Balfour Beatty British American Tobacco Co-operative Group Google (part of Alphabet) Intel InterContinental Hotels John Lewis Partnership Marks & Spencer Marshalls Morrisons Nestlé Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Rio Tinto Sainsbury's Standard Chartered Ted Baker Tesco TSB Walgreen Whistles
UK: Equal pay claim brought by employees against supermarket Morrissons for allegedly discriminating against women
"Morrisons faces Valentine's Day equal pay claim. A case of 'love me love equality'?" 16 Feb 2019...
Oxfam has assessed 16 large supermarkets across the US and Europe on their policies and practices in their food supply chains. Oxfam looked at the transparency of their supply chains, treatment of small-scale farmers and women workers in their supply...
Author: Oxfam GB
"UK supermarkets making slow progress to end human suffering in global supply chains", 3 July 2019...
UK supermarkets admit they cannot guarantee their supply chains are free of soya linked to deforestation despite commitments made
Author: Anna Sophie Gross, Uki Goñi and Bibi van der Zee, The Guardian
"Tesco and M&S likely to have soya linked to deforestation in supply chains", 5 Oct 2019...