Headquarters in United Kingdom
India: Investigation by the Guardian finds workers confined in factories supplying Hugo Boss & major UK brands
Author: Peter Bengsten, The Guardian
"Workers held captive in Indian mills supplying Hugo Boss", 4 Jan 2018...
Business human rights responsibility for refugees & migrant workers: Turning policies into practice in the Middle East
Author: Samentha Goethals, Joseph Bardwell, Mariam Bhacker, & Bahaa Ezzelarab, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in Business & Human Rights Journal
...Our focus in this piece is to consider how companies have been implementing their human rights responsibility to address the risks and challenges faced by refugees and migrant workers in the Middle East, a region that is currently experiencing...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (July 2017)
- Related in-depth areas: Construction firms & migrant workers in Qatar and UAE Syrian refugees: Abuse & exploitation in Turkish garment factories
- Related companies: Al Balagh Trading & Contracting Al Jaber Group Arcadia Group ASOS Associated British Foods BAM International (part of Royal BAM) Burberry C&A Esprit FIFA Gap Gerry Weber H&M HBK Contracting Company Inditex J&P Avax SA J.C. Penney Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) KiK Larsen & Toubro LC Waikiki Lidl Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mexx (part of RNF Holding) Midmac Mothercare New Look New Yorker Next OHL Otto Porr Primark (part of Associated British Foods) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Royal BAM s.Oliver Sainsbury's SuperGroup Tchibo Tesco VF Corp Walmart White Stuff
Author: CORE, Anti-Slavery International, Unicef UK, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related stories: 4 short briefings released for businesses & investors on reporting requirements under UK Modern Slavery Act
- Related in-depth areas: Modern Slavery Registry powered by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related companies: AB InBev UK (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) ASOS British Land British Sky Broadcasting Burberry Debenhams Experian John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership Legal & General Marks & Spencer Mothercare Nando's National Grid Nationwide Building Society Nintendo Renault Vodafone Wockhardt
Author: Annie Delaney, RMIT University & Tim Connor, University of Newcastle
- Related stories: Non-judicial grievance mechanisms: 19 reports highlight case studies, analyse redress mechanisms, provide recommendations to co.s & govts.
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods C&A H&M Inditex Marks & Spencer Mothercare Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sainsbury's Tesco Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)
The Ethical Trading Initiative: Negotiated solutions to human rights violations in global supply chains?
Author: Tim Connor, University of Newcastle, Annie Delaney, RMIT University & Sarah Rennie, Melbourne University
Woolworths Australia, GEBRA, Wünsche Group of Germany, became the latest brands to sign the Accord, which aims to make the garment industry safe and sustainable for years to come...The signatory brands have committed to making the changes garment...
- Related stories: ILO and Bangladesh Govt. launch major 3.5-year initiative to improve working conditions and safety in garment factories
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch ABIL (see African Bank Investments Limited) Aldi Nord Aldi Süd American Eagle Outfitters Arcadia Group Auchan Benetton Bestseller C&A Camaïeu (part of Cinven) Carrefour Debenhams El Corte Inglés Esprit G-Star H&M Helly Hansen Hess Corporation Horizonte (part of VDL Group) John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership KarstadtQuelle KiK Kmart (part of Sears) Leclerc Lidl Loblaw Companies Mango Marks & Spencer Matalan Metro Group Mothercare Sean John Clothing Sears Switcher Target Tchibo Tesco Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing)
Author: Peuples solidaires & Collectif Ethique sur l’étiquette (France)
Les marques leaders de l’habillement dans le monde s’engagent à mettre en œuvre l’Accord sur les incendies et la sécurité des bâtiments au Bangladesh avant la date butoir fixée à minuit le 15 mai. L’Accord s’applique désormais à plus de 1000 usines d...
- Related companies: Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Associated British Foods Auchan Benetton Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Carrefour El Corte Inglés Esprit G-Star H&M Helly Hansen Inditex KiK Lidl Mango Marks & Spencer Mothercare New Look Next Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Sainsbury's Switcher Tchibo Tesco Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: Simon Neville, Guardian [UK]
Walmart has confirmed it will not sign up to a legally binding agreement on worker safety and building regulations in Bangladesh…[T]he…retail giant has created its own agreement, which it claims goes beyond the current accord…The company…said the deal...
- Related companies: Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Arcadia Group ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods Benetton BHS C&A Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Carrefour El Corte Inglés G-Star H&M Helly Hansen Inditex John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) KiK Loblaw Companies Mango Marks & Spencer Matalan Mothercare New Look Next Peacocks (part of EWM Group) Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Sainsbury's Tchibo Tesco Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)