Headquarters in United Kingdom
Bangladesh: Factory forced to compensate female worker after beating & threatening her, linked to British & Belgian brands
Author: Simon Murphy, The Guardian
"Factory that supplied Tesco compensated abused worker", 22 January 2019...
Major British retailers linked to Bangladesh factory producing Spice Girls T-shirts amidst labour abuses
Author: Simon Murphy, The Guardian
"Tesco, Mothercare and M&S use factory paying workers 35p an hour", 21 January 2019...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Labour abuses alleged at factory making Spice Girls T-shirts
- Related companies: Marks & Spencer Mothercare Tesco
India: Investigation by the Guardian finds workers confined in factories supplying Hugo Boss & major UK brands
Author: Peter Bengsten, The Guardian
"Workers held captive in Indian mills supplying Hugo Boss", 4 Jan 2018...
Business human rights responsibility for refugees & migrant workers: Turning policies into practice in the Middle East
Author: Samentha Goethals, Joseph Bardwell, Mariam Bhacker, & Bahaa Ezzelarab, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in Business & Human Rights Journal
...Our focus in this piece is to consider how companies have been implementing their human rights responsibility to address the risks and challenges faced by refugees and migrant workers in the Middle East, a region that is currently experiencing...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (July 2017)
- Related in-depth areas: Construction firms & migrant workers in Qatar and UAE Syrian refugees: Abuse & exploitation in Turkish garment factories
- Related companies: Al Balagh Trading & Contracting Al Jaber Group Arcadia Group ASOS Associated British Foods BAM International (part of Royal BAM) Burberry C&A Esprit FIFA Gap Gerry Weber H&M HBK Contracting Company Inditex J&P Avax SA J.C. Penney Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) KiK Larsen & Toubro LC Waikiki Lidl Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mexx (part of RNF Holding) Midmac Mothercare New Look New Yorker Next OHL Otto Porr Primark (part of Associated British Foods) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Royal BAM s.Oliver Sainsbury's SuperGroup Tchibo Tesco VF Corp Walmart White Stuff
Author: CORE, Anti-Slavery International, Unicef UK, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related stories: 4 short briefings released for businesses & investors on reporting requirements under UK Modern Slavery Act
- Related in-depth areas: Modern Slavery Registry powered by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related companies: AB InBev UK (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) ASOS British Land British Sky Broadcasting Burberry Debenhams Experian John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership Legal & General Marks & Spencer Mothercare Nando's National Grid Nationwide Building Society Nintendo Renault Vodafone Wockhardt
Author: Annie Delaney, RMIT University & Tim Connor, University of Newcastle
- Related stories: Non-judicial grievance mechanisms: 19 reports highlight case studies, analyse redress mechanisms, provide recommendations to co.s & govts.
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods C&A H&M Inditex Marks & Spencer Mothercare Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sainsbury's Tesco Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)
The Ethical Trading Initiative: Negotiated solutions to human rights violations in global supply chains?
Author: Tim Connor, University of Newcastle, Annie Delaney, RMIT University & Sarah Rennie, Melbourne University
Author: Jose Lobo, El Confidencial
"Trabajo esclavo en la India: cuatro grandes empresas españolas están en la 'lista negra'" 4 February 2015...
Woolworths Australia, GEBRA, Wünsche Group of Germany, became the latest brands to sign the Accord, which aims to make the garment industry safe and sustainable for years to come...The signatory brands have committed to making the changes garment...
- Related stories: ILO and Bangladesh Govt. launch major 3.5-year initiative to improve working conditions and safety in garment factories
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch ABIL (see African Bank Investments Limited) Aldi Nord Aldi Süd American Eagle Outfitters Arcadia Group Auchan Benetton Bestseller C&A Camaïeu (part of Cinven) Carrefour Debenhams El Corte Inglés Esprit G-Star H&M Helly Hansen Hess Corporation Horizonte (part of VDL Group) John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership KarstadtQuelle KiK Kmart (part of Sears) Leclerc Lidl Loblaw Companies Mango Marks & Spencer Matalan Metro Group Mothercare Sean John Clothing Sears Switcher Target Tchibo Tesco Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing)