Headquarters in Indonesia
Response rate: 0%
(click here for an explanation)
Author: Robin Hicks, Eco-Business
"Wilmar's supplier mapping plan could be a 'breakthrough' for palm oil industry", 12 December 2018...
Commentary: Companies' ineffective grievance mechanisms can amplify consequences of human rights abuses
Author: Jeff Conant, Friends of the Earth U.S., Business and Human Rights Journal
"Failures of redress, or when is a grievance mechanism not a grievance mechanism?", 22 Nov 2017...
- Related stories: UN Forum blog series
- Related companies: Cargill Musim Mas Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Wilmar International
Indonesia: Korindo declares forest clearing ban & sustainability assessments on its palm oil concessions in wake of NGO pressure
Author: Vaidehi Shah, Eco-Business
“Korindo declares forest clearing ban in wake of NGO pressure”...
Olam creating "black box" of palm oil from unknown sources, fuelling deforestation "from Gabon to Indonesia" - NGO report
Major palm oil companies dissolve Indonesia Palm Oil Pledge in favour of govt. initiative; environmental groups condemn move
Author: Arlina Arshad, Straits Times (Singapore)
“Palm oil companies ditch landmark Indonesian 'zero deforestation' pact”, 1 Jul 2016...
Author: Muhamad Al Azhari, Jakarta Globe
"Multi-stakeholder alliance formed to fight fires in Indonesia", 11 Mar 2016...
- Related companies: APRIL (Asia Pacific Resources International Limited) Musim Mas Wilmar International
Central America: Intl. Coalition of NGOs says murder, intimidation & devastation of community livelihoods tied to rampant palm oil plantation expansion must be stop
A coalition of International NGOs had send a letter inviting global oil palm traders to disclose their sourcing relationship with Empresa Reforestadora de Palma de Petén SA (REPSA) after the toxic spill in river La Pasión in Guatemala and the...
Alarming developments in Latin American palm oil industry spur global call to action for palm oil traders
Author: Emma Lierley, Rainforest Action Network
…Spurred by the recent murder of Guatemalan environmental and human rights defender…a coalition of global human rights and environmental organizations today alerted the world’s biggest palm oil traders of the gross violations of human rights…The...
- Related stories: Central America: Intl. Coalition of NGOs says murder, intimidation & devastation of community livelihoods tied to rampant palm oil plantation expansion must be stop
- Related companies: Aceites y Derivados (Aceydesa) AKK Archer Daniels Midland Bunge Cargill Corporacion Industrial de Sula (COINSU) Dinant Golden Agri-Resources Grupo Hame Henry Lamotte Oils GmbH IOI Group Musim Mas Oleofinos Palmeros de Aguan (PALMASA) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Wilmar International