Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE)
Headquarters in Myanmar
No website found for Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise
Author: William Boot, Irrawaddy
…[M]ultinationals such as Shell cited their code of ethics on human rights and transparency as holding them back in investing in Burma. They called for reform of the state agency Myanma Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) which has been linked to underhand...
- Related stories: Burma: Shell holds back investment citing its human rights code, while CNPC partners with MOGE on pipeline project, allegedly involving land seizures & forced labour
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Extractives, including oil and mines Labour issues Land Rights & Displacements Southeast Asia
- Related companies: China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) Shell
Author: Arshad Mohammed, Reuters
Military, army-linked business ruled out as investment partners...The United States on Wednesday eased sanctions to allow its companies to invest in and provide financial services to Myanmar...the White House said...The rules require...reports to the...
Burma: US Backtracks on ‘Responsible Investment’ Pledge - Business Reporting Requirements Won’t Deter Abuses, Corruption
Author: Human Rights Watch
The new United States government policy allowing business activity in Burma’s controversial oil sector with reporting requirements will not adequately prevent new investments from fueling abuses and undermining reform, Human Rights Watch said today....
Author: Editorial, The Irrawaddy [Burma]
For more than two decades, Burma’s former ruling generals relied heavily on the country’s energy sector to keep themselves in power. Even after a year of much-heralded reforms, however, their grip on this key source of national revenue remains intact....
Author: Singapore Management University Asian Peace-building and Rule of Law Programme ("SMU-APRL") & Mazars Indonesia
The following submission is in response to the Institute for Human Rights and Business...& Shift’s public call for comments on its proposed discussion paper relating to the oil and gas sector for the European Commission’s consideration......
- Related stories: ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Total lawsuit in Belgium (re Myanmar) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Guidance for 3 sectors developed for European Commission - 2012
- Related companies: Bursa Malaysia Chevron ExxonMobil Freeport-McMoRan Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) PTT Shell Singapore Exchange Total Unocal (part of Chevron)
Author: International Trade Union Confederation
The ITUC is deeply concerned by the 15 June joint statement by EU High Representative...and EU Trade Commissioner...calling for the rapid reinstatement of the Generalised System of Preferences (GSP) for Myanmar...[T]there is no question that forced...
- Related companies: Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE)
Author: Editorial Board, Washington Post [USA]
...[T]he Obama administration has carefully modulated its Burma policy, easing sanctions to welcome fragile democratic progress while recognizing the long distance still to cover. Now the modulation is at risk.Administration officials are debating...
Myanmar's opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi said on Thursday that the state-owned oil and gas company MOGE lacked transparency and accountability, and urged foreign companies not to allow their companies to do joint ventures until it improved. Suu...