National Australia Bank
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Australia
Author: BankTrack & Oxfam Australia
This paper reviews banks’ responsibilities and provides suggestions and recommendations for how banks can develop and implement effective operational-level grievance mechanisms that will be legitimate, trusted and meet their responsibilities under the...
[Includes responses by BNP Parbias, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Royal Bank of Canda, Morgan Stanley & Toronto-Dominion Bank]
Australia: Evidence provided to public inquiry reveals businesses unaware of slavery in supply chains
Author: Nassim Khadem, Sydney Morning Herald
"Australian businesses unaware of slavery in supply chains, inquiry told", 1 August 2017...
Author: Fiona Harvey, The Guardian (UK)
Some of the world's top banks are continuing to lend tens of billions for extracting the most carbon-intensive fossil fuels, according to a report of top lenders [by Rainforest Action Network, Banktrack, Sierra Club, Oilchange International.]...The...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Agricultural Bank of China ANZ Bank Bank of America Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) China Construction Bank Citigroup Commonwealth Bank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Goldman Sachs HSBC Industrial & Commercial Bank of China ING Bank JPMorgan Chase Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley National Australia Bank Natixis PNC Financial Services Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Santander SMBC Nikko Securities Société Générale Standard Chartered Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS UniCredit Bulbank Wells Fargo Westpac
Banks loan billions to oil firms allegedly exporting low-grade fuel high in pollutants, says briefing
A new BankTrack briefing raises questions about how banks are conducting human rights due diligence. In response to research by Swiss NGO Public Eye accusing Switzerland-based oil trading companies of selling blends of low-grade fuel high in...
Author: Joshua Robertson, The Guardian (UK)
Australia's big four banks have all ruled out funding or withdrawn from Adani's Queensland coal project, after...Westpac the country's second-largest bank, released a new climate policy on Friday, saying it would limit lending for new thermal coal...
Author: Rufo Quintavalle, environmental impact investor & founder of Comercial de Madeiras, in Stanford Social Innovation Review (USA)
"Coal: The Time to Divest Is Now", 6 Nov 2015...
Author: Allen & Overy's Human Rights Working Group
[Foreword by Justice Richard Goldstone:] The Business and Human Rights Review provides an important and timely interdisciplinary forum for lawyers and members of the business community to discuss the growing relationship between corporations, both...
- Related stories: Allen & Overy publishes second issue of "Business and Human Rights Review" on implementing UN Guiding Principles Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs Latest news on UNWG
- Related companies: Atlas Copco Electrolux Ericsson IKEA National Australia Bank SKF