Nautica (part of VF Corp)
Headquarters in USA
Author: IndustriALL Global Union
In a letter to President Ollanta Humala Tasso…brands have expressed concern that Decree 22342 governing ‘non-traditional exports’ acts to encourage and condone violations of labour rights and…poses an obstacle to the proper application of their codes...
- Related stories: 6 US textile & apparel companies urge Peruvian Govt. to repeal law that allegedly condones labour rights violations
- Related in-depth areas: Lobbying for union rights/labour standards
- Related companies: Calvin Klein (part of Phillips-Van Heusen) Eastpak (part of VF Corp) Jansport (part of VF Corp.) Nautica (part of VF Corp) New Balance Nike North Face (part of VF Corp) Phillips-Van Heusen Timberland (part of VF Corp) Tommy Hilfiger (part of Phillips-Van Heusen) VF Corp Wrangler (part of VF Corp)
Author: Responsible Sourcing Network
Responsible Sourcing Network...surpassed 100 signatories to the RSN Cotton Pledge...The growing number of...brands and retailers publicly committing to avoid Uzbek cotton communicates to the Government of Uzbekistan that the apparel industry does not...
- Related companies: adidas American Apparel American Eagle Outfitters Ann Taylor ASDA (part of Walmart) Berkshire Hathaway Burberry Carrefour Carter's Columbia Sportswear Eddie Bauer Eileen Fisher Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Gap Gucci (part of Kering) H&M J.C. Penney J.Crew Juicy Couture (part of Authentic Brands Group) Kohl's Levi Strauss Li & Fung Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Macy's Marimekko Nautica (part of VF Corp) New Balance Nordstrom Oshkosh B'Gosh Patagonia Peacocks (part of EWM Group) PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Redcats (part of Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Reebok (part of adidas) Russell (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Sam's Club (part of Walmart) Target TJX Walmart Walt Disney Williams Sonoma
Author: Kathryn Kattalia, NY Daily News
Superstores Walmart and Macy's have joined up with such big names as Liz Claiborne, Nike, Eileen Fisher and Nautica [part of VF Corp.] to sign a pledge boycotting the use of cotton from Uzbekistan, WWD reported. They are among the first companies to...
[DOC] Response of Nautica/VF Corporation to report raising concerns about working conditions at supplier factory in Jordan
Author: Nautica/VF Corporation
On behalf of Nautica and VF Corporation I would like to respond...regarding the NLC report on Atateks Foreign Trade facility in Jordan...Back in September 2005 Nautica approached Atateks as a potential supplier. When we contacted the factory to...
- Related stories: Jordan: National Labor Committee (NLC) report accuses garment factories of abusive working conditions, incl. beating of workers (Los Angeles Times article - includes responses by Atateks, JC Penney) [free registration required]
- Related companies: Atateks Nautica (part of VF Corp) VF Corp
Author: National Labor Committee [USA]
Overall, progress continues, but serious cases of human trafficking and wage and hour violations persist...Of the factories highlighted in the first NLC report, [improvements have been made at:]...Maintrend...The Centear Clothing factory...Paramount...
[PDF] [China: further information about record fine for illegal sewage discharge imposed on textile firm owned by Hong Kong-listed Fountain Set - in "China View - A roundup of stories making the Chinese press last week"] [see last paragraph on page 7]
Author: Stephen Frost, in CSR Asia Weekly Vol. 2, Week 35
...a textile firm owned by Hong Kong-listed company [Fountain Set (Holdings) Limited]...has been ordered to pay 11.55 million yuan (US$1.4 million) for illicit discharge of excess waste water over the past two years...Fountain Set includes adidas,...
Author: Kirstin Downey Grimsley, Washington Post
A group called the Free Burma Coalition...has persuaded more than two dozen American corporations [including Ames Department Stores Inc., Jones Apparel Group, Sara Lee Corp., Family Dollar Stores Inc., TJX Cos. which operates T.J. Maxx stores, and...