Member of UN Global Compact
Nedbank was known as Nedcor until May 2005.
South African banks fund mining projects in southern Africa that raise issues over social, environmental, human rights impacts, says new report
Southern Africa Resource Watch, in announcing its report, South African Banks Footprint in SADC Mining Projects, said:...
Nedbank evaluates mining projects against the International Finance Corporation’s (IFC) (a division of the World Bank) Performance Standards, and Equator Principles. We take an integrated and risk-based approach to managing environmental and social...
- Related stories: South African banks fund mining projects in southern Africa that raise issues over social, environmental human rights impacts, says new report
- This is a response from the following companies: Nedbank
Author: Thomson Reuters (UK)
Thomson Reuters Launches D&I Index - Reveals Top 100 Most Diverse & Inclusive Organizations Globally...
- Related companies: 3M ABB Abbott Laboratories Abengoa Accenture Acciona Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Allianz Assicurazioni Generali Avon Ayala Bank of Montreal BASF Baxter International Bayer BMW BNP Paribas Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco CA Technologies Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canon Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox Colgate-Palmolive CSL Daiichi Sankyo Daimler Danone Deutsche Post Diageo Dior (part of LVMH) Dow Chemical DuPont EDF EDP (Energias de Portugal) Eli Lilly Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Ferrovial Fletcher Construction Foschini Gap Henkel Hormel HP (Hewlett-Packard) Infosys ING Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Kao Kering Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) L'Oreal LVMH Macy's Medtronic Merck Michelin Microsoft Morgan Stanley Natura Nedbank Nestlé Nokia Novartis Procter & Gamble PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Qantas Airways Roche Samsung Shiseido Société Générale Telefónica Telekom Malaysia Telstra Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters UBS Unilever Xerox YUM!
Africa: Academic urges economic justice actors to fight both illegal and licit financial flows, adopt more nuanced approach
Author: Patrick Bond, University of Kwazulu Natal in Pambazuka News (Africa)
'Retreat of foreign investment from Africa means less looting', 2 Sep 2015:…[A] Zimbabwe NGO conference…was dedicated to fighting illegal capital flight from across the African continent…[Will] the region’s…economic-justice NGOs take the next step and...
- Related companies: Anglo American Barclays BHP Billiton British American Tobacco De Beers Dimension Data FirstRand Group Investec Liberty Life Lonmin Mondi (part of Anglo American) MTN Naspers Group Nedbank Old Mutual SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Sasol Standard Bank Vale Vedanta Resources Vodacom
Author: New Era (Namibia)
'Nedbank backs Women Action for Development' 25 Aug 2015: Nedbank…in partnership with Old Mutual…continues to…support…Women Action for Development (WAD)…to empower primarily rural women and men in the socio-economic and social upliftment fields…with...
Author: Boursier.com (France)
« Euronext et Vigeo créent un nouvel indice ESG dédié au marché des Pays Emergents », 23 juin 2015...
- Related companies: Aditya Birla Group AngloGold Ashanti Aspen Pharmacare Ayala Barloworld BMCE (Banque Marocaine du Commerce Extérieur) Cairn Energy Cementos Argos Cemex Chunghwa Telecom Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Exxaro Foschini Fresnillo Gold Fields Hankook Tire Hellenic Telecommunication Organisation (see OTE) Hindalco (part of Aditya Birla Group) Hindustan Unilever Impala Platinum Infosys ITC Kumba Iron Ore Lenovo LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Liberty National Life Insurance (part of Torchmark) Lonmin Maroc Telecom MOL (see Mitsui O.S.K. Lines or Magyar Olaj Gazi) Natura Nedbank Nestlé NYSE Euronext Pegatron PTT PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP, part of PTT) Reliance Industries Samsung Sanlam Siam Cement Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Telefónica Tractebel (part of GDF Suez) Unilever Vigeo Wipro Woolworths Holdings
Author: Shannon Sherry, BDLive (South Africa)
Agriculture is at a crossroads in Africa...with decisions taken by governments on a spate of investments in the sector having potentially serious repercussions on millions of lives for decades to come...Nedbank Capital head of Africa business Zhann...
[PDF] Summary of discussions of the Forum on Business and Human Rights, prepared by the Chairperson, John Ruggie
Author: Prepared by the Chairperson, John Ruggie
The present document provides a summary of the discussions of the first annual Forum on Business and Human Rights, held on 4 and 5 December 2012. Due to the word limit of the document and the scale of the event (21 substantive sessions), this summary...
- Related stories: Summary of discussions of Forum on Business and Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Videos & text of presentations & discussions - UN Forum on Business and Human Rights 2012
- Related companies: ABB Aboitiz Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata) Flextronics Gazprom Hitachi Jindal Microsoft Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Nedbank Rio Tinto Sakhalin Energy (joint venture Shell, Gazprom, Mitsui, & Mitsubishi) Shell Total UBS Vale Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata)