Ranking corporate action on conflict minerals sourcing in Dem. Rep of Congo, new report by Enough Project
Demand the supply: ranking consumer electronics and jewelry retail companies on their efforts to develop conflict-free minerals supply chains from Congo
Author: Annie Callaway, The Enough Project
The Enough Project’s 2017 conflict minerals company rankings examine 20 of the largest companies...in two of the industries which consume the most tin, tungsten, tantalum, and gold [often referred to as conflicts minerals or 3TG]: consumer electronics...
- Related stories: Ranking corporate action on conflict minerals sourcing in Dem. Rep of Congo, new report by Enough Project
- Related companies: Alphabet Apple Costco Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.C. Penney Macy's Microsoft Neiman Marcus Panasonic Samsung Sears Signet Sony Target Tiffany Toshiba Walmart
Author: Lucy Tobin, Evening Standard
"From Kendall's Pepsi Fiasco to United's PR fail: how ethics can make or break a brand", 13 April 2017...
Press release: Largest-ever First-hand Investigation Into Slavery And Child Labor Finds Forced Labor Prevalent In India’s Hand-Made Carpet Sector [India]
Author: François-Xavier Bagnoud (FXB) Center for Health and Human Rights, Harvard University
The report – titled “Tainted Carpets: Slavery and Child Labor in India’s Hand-Made Carpet Sector” – explores well beyond the traditional “Carpet Belt” region of Uttar Pradesh to cover nine states in northern India where production sites belonging to...
This report is an evaluation of the efforts made by jewelers towards responsible sourcing of precious metals. It is based on responses to a survey sent to the jewelers that had signed on to the Golden Rules by mid-February 2009 and to other large...
- Related stories: Report evaluates jewelers progress in promoting socially and environmentally responsible mining – 60 firms endorse principles for ethical sourcing
- Related in-depth areas: Recent NGO reports
- Related companies: Aber Diamond Amazon.com Anglo American Berkshire Hathaway Boucheron (part of Gucci) Brilliant Earth Carlyle Group Cartier (part of Richemont) Commemorative Brands (part of American Achievement) Costco Cred Jewellery Finlay Fine Jewelry Fred Meyer Jewelers (part of Kroger) Harry Winston (part of Aber Diamond) Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Herff Jones J.C. Penney Jostens Kohl's Kroger Leber Jeweler Liberty Media Macy's Meijer Neiman Marcus Piaget (part of Richemont) PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Richemont Saks Fifth Avenue (part of Hudson's Bay) Sears Signet Target Tiffany TJ Maxx (part of TJX) TJX Van Cleef & Arpels (part of Richemont) Walmart Zale (part of Signet)
Author: editorial, San Francisco Chronicle
The corrupt PRI labor machine still wields near-total control over millions of workers. In situations such as the Duro Bag factory in Tamaulipas state, which produces gift bags for Neiman Marcus and Hallmark, the machine has illegally crushed an...