Cambodia: The Senate approve amendments to the Law on Trade Unions; while unionists claim their suggestions are not considered
Author: Sochan Ry, The Phnom Penh Post
"Senate passes amendments to 10 articles of trade union law", 9 December 2019...
Author: Human Rights at Sea
- Related in-depth areas: Maritime Industry
Philippines Commission on Human Rights reveals at COP 25 world's most polluting companies can be sued for contributions to global warming
Author: Amy Sinclair, Ethical Corporation
9 December 2019...
- Related stories: Pacific: BHRRC launches new web portal to shine light on corporate abuse in the region
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
Americas: Report recognises increase in climate refugees as well as risk for those defending their territory against large scale economic projects
Author: Common Dreams
“'Fleeing Not Migrating'”, 6th December 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights defenders
Brazil: UN Special Rapporteur calls on government and companies to redress environmental and human rights violations in community of Piquiá
Author: Federación Internacional de Derechos Humanos (FIDH)
“Brazil: UN expert Visit Prompts Renewed Hope for Amazon Community Suffering from Mining Abuses”, 9th December 2019...
Cambodia: Villagers in eastern province block Chinese company from digging canal and destroying crops on disputed land
Author: Radio Free Asia (US)
“Cambodian Villagers Block Digging Work by Chinese Company”, 3 December 2019...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Villagers in eastern province block Chinese company from digging canal and destroying crops on disputed land
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
Author: Albert Savana, Agence Ecofin
"Cameroon Minister urges experts to render big data profitable for Africa", 4 December 2019...
Canada: Supreme Court requires bankrupt company to pay settlement from earlier lawsuit over waterways pollution
"Supreme Court Rules in R. v. Resolute FP Canada Inc." 7 Dec 2019...