Hong Kong: More major internet and social media platforms stop processing requests for user data while conducting assessment of security law
Author: CNN Business
“Facebook, Google and Twitter won't give Hong Kong authorities user data for now”, 7 July 2020...
Author: Matthew Green, Valerie Volcovici, & Emma Farge, Reuters
"Climate battles are moving into the courtroom, and lawyers are getting creative," 3 Jul 2020...
- Related stories: Report analyses trends in climate litigation, including diverse strategies used against companies
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Credit Suisse ExxonMobil Royal Dutch Shell (Shell)
Russia: New measures tightening control over internet infrastructure, online content & privacy of communications will severely undermine human rights, says HRW
Author: Human Rights Watch (USA)
Russia: Growing Internet Isolation, Control, Censorship, 18 June 2020 ...
Russia: Norilsk Nickel admits pumping wastewater into Arctic tundra, suspends workers who violated operating rules
Author: The Guardian with AFP
"Russian mining giant admits pumping wastewater into Arctic tundra", 29 June 2020....
Author: Pooven Moodley, Open Global Rights
"Litigation to challenge large extractive projects is gaining traction in Africa," 28 Jun 2020...
Author: Davis Dunavin, wshu.org
Gun control advocates are applauding Subway. The Connecticut-based fast food chain says it’ll ban firearms in its restaurants. Po Murray... with the Newtown Action Alliance, the group founded after the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting... ...
- Related stories: USA: Business Must Act Coalition calls on 29 companies to prohibit guns in their stores & invest in community safety
- Related companies: Chipotle Panera Bread Subway
Author: Coal Action Network
"No additional coal extraction in the Pont Valley!!!", 1s July 2020....
USA: Court rules Dakota Access Pipeline must be emptied, citing need for environmental impact analysis
Author: Laurel Wamsley, NPR
"Court Rules Dakota Access Pipeline Must Be Emptied For Now," 6 Jul 2020...
- Related stories: Energy Transfer lawsuit (re Dakota Access Pipeline, USA)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News USA: Human rights concerns regarding Dakota Access Pipeline
- Related companies: Energy Transfer Partners
India: CEO, directors, other high level officials of LG Polymers plant arrested and charged after investigation into deadly gas leak
Author: The Tribune
"Vizag gas leak: CEO, two directors of LG Polymers arrested", 8 July 2020...