Headquarters in United Kingdom
Author: Devika Gunawardena, Sunday Times [Sri Lanka]
The annual Asia Floor Wage Alliance meeting held on December 17-20th at the Sri Lanka Foundation was a critical opportunity to bring activists together from across the region to discuss the pressing needs of garment workers.Participants arrived from...
UK: Investigation finds firms split over whether to pay new "national living wage" to workers under 25
Author: Simon Neville, Independent (UK)
Firms will only have to pay the “national living wage” to staff aged 25 or over when it starts in April. Under half of top retailers have so far promised to pay all staff the same rate for the same work, regardless of age. Simon Neville reports on the...
- Related companies: Aldi Süd Alliance Boots (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) Arcadia Group ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods B&Q (part of Kingfisher) BHS Debenhams H&M Inditex John Lewis Partnership Kingfisher Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) Lidl Marks & Spencer New Look Next Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sainsbury's Sports Direct Tesco Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)
IndustriALL & garment brands form ACT (Action, Collaboration, Transformation) initiative to address living wages
Author: Rupert Jones, Guardian (UK)
"Ikea adopts the living wage for UK staff in 'massive breakthrough'", 20 Jul 2015...
Author: Helen Burley, Friends of the Earth
"Mind your step: The land and water footprints of everyday products", May 2015...
- Related stories: Friends of the Earth report documents land & water footprints of everyday products
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch American Eagle Outfitters Apple Arcadia Group Barry Callebaut Benetton BlackBerry French Connection Gap Guess H&M Hershey Kraft Foods LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Mars Motorola Solutions Nestlé Next Nokia Orion Samsung Sony Tiger Brands Urban Outfitters ZTE
Author: Paul French, Ethical Corporation
“Cambodia’s wage protests: Fashion brands support garment workers”, 8 October 2014...
Author: Rowena Mason, Guardian (UK)
Labour has backed down on claims that Tesco and Next are examples of "unscrupulous employers" over their use of foreign workers. The party became embroiled in a row after the shadow immigration minister...briefed newspapers that he would criticise...
- Related stories: UK: Labour minister says comment that cheaper migrant labour is favoured over British workers was not aimed specifically at Tesco & Next
- Related companies: Next Tesco
Author: Peuples solidaires & Collectif Ethique sur l’étiquette (France)
Les marques leaders de l’habillement dans le monde s’engagent à mettre en œuvre l’Accord sur les incendies et la sécurité des bâtiments au Bangladesh avant la date butoir fixée à minuit le 15 mai. L’Accord s’applique désormais à plus de 1000 usines d...
- Related companies: Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Associated British Foods Auchan Benetton Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Carrefour El Corte Inglés Esprit G-Star H&M Helly Hansen Inditex KiK Lidl Mango Marks & Spencer Mothercare New Look Next Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Sainsbury's Switcher Tchibo Tesco Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Zara (part of Inditex)