Headquarters in United Kingdom
Position paper: "Surveillance technologies 'Made in Europe': Regulation needed to prevent human rights abuses"
Author: Craig Timberg, Washington Post
U.S. and Israeli companies are supplying sophisticated surveillance technology to Central Asian nations with records of widespread human rights abuses, giving state security services virtually unchecked power to monitor the communications of ordinary...
- Related stories: Privacy International highlights surveillance industry role spying on citizens in Central Asia
- Related companies: NICE
- Related in-depth areas: Human Rights First & OWNI Digital articles on surveillance technology & oppressive regimes
- This is a response from the following companies: NICE
Human Rights First & OWNI Digital Journalism articles on surveillance technology & oppressive regimes
Author: Meg Roggensack and Betsy Walters, Human Rights First, OWNI Digital Journalism; reponses compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In November 2011, Human Rights First published a blog entitled "Excuses, excuses: Surveillance Technology and Oppressive Regimes", alleging that companies providing surveillance technology to oppressive regimes in the Middle East contribute to human...
- Related in-depth areas: Human Rights First & OWNI Digital articles on surveillance technology & oppressive regimes Information technology - allegations and responses Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Amesys (part of Bull) Area Blue Coat Bull Creativity Software Ericsson Hacking Team HP (Hewlett-Packard) NICE Nokia Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) (joint venture Nokia and Siemens) Qosmos Siemens
Author: Maala - Business for Social Responsibility [Israel]
[includes: Bank Hapoalim, Baran Group, Bezeq, Cellcom, Discount Bank, Elbit Systems, Gazit Globe, Isrotel, Leumi Bank, Ness Technologies, Nice systems, Ormat Industries, Osem Group, Partner Communications, Scailex Corporation, Strauss Group, Tambour,...
- Related stories: Israel: Maala publishes 2011 CSR rankings of 85 companies; finds upward trend in adoption of CSR principles, but lack of reporting on social & environmental issues
- Related companies: Applied Materials Bank Hapoalim Baran Bezeq Elbit Systems HP (Hewlett-Packard) Intel Israel Discount Bank Leumi Microsoft Motorola Motorola Mobility (part of Google) Motorola Solutions Netafim NICE Ormat Osem Procter & Gamble SanDisk Strauss Teva Pharmaceutical Unilever
Author: Greer Fay Cashman, Jerusalem Post
Ever since taking office...President Shimon Peres has consistently advocated integrating haredim and Arabs into the Israeli workforce, especially hitech industries...There are many academically qualified members of the Arab community who would prove...