Nine Dragons Paper
KnowTheChain assessed 39 of the largest publicly listed companies in the paper and forestry and home furnishing retail sectors on their efforts to address forced labour risks in their supply chains, based on publicly disclosed information. The findings...
- Related stories: KnowTheChain: Ranking companies' efforts to address forced labour in their supply chains
- Related companies: Aaron's Inc Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose) Bed Bath & Beyond Canfor Corporation Domtar Duratex SA Empresas CMPC Fibria Floor & Decor Holdings Inc Holmen Home Depot Home Product Center Public Company Limited Howden Joinery Group Plc International Paper Kingfisher Lee and Man Paper Manufacturing Limited Louisiana-Pacific Lowe's Metsä Fibre Oy (formerly Metsä-Botnia) Mondi (part of Anglo American) Nine Dragons Paper Nippon Paper Industries Co Ltd Nitori Holdings Co Ltd Norbord Inc Oji Paper Sappi Shandong Chenming Paper Holdings Ltd Siam Global House Public Company Limited Stella-Jones Inc Stora Enso Suzano Papel e Celulose The Navigator Company SA UPM Via Varejo SA West Fraser Timber Co Ltd WestRock Weyerhaeuser Williams Sonoma
Author: IHLO [Hong Kong Liaison Office of the intl. trade union movement]
While the labour contract law is meant to protect workers, [IHLO has] discovered that the new law has led companies to find loopholes, and subvert standard contracts designed to follow the letter of the law and so far, these problems are not being...
- Related stories: "An Uncertain Victory" - YaleGlobal commentary on China Labour Contract Law
- Related companies: Hanesbrands Nine Dragons Paper Sinopec
Author: Jonathan Adams, Newsweek
...China hasn't exactly been known as a bastion of workers' rights. But the country's new labor regulations—which took effect Jan.1—are designed to better protect workers' rights...The new mandates have also hiked labor costs...Auret van Heerden,...
- Related companies: Nine Dragons Paper
Author: Hurun Report [China]
[Hurun Report's 4th annual benchmark of the 100 most generous Chinese & their companies. The donations are in areas such as health, education, social welfare, environment, poverty, sports, culture, disaster relief. Companies represented on the...
- Related stories: China: Company heads make major donations to health, education, poverty alleviation projects
- Related companies: Broad Air Conditioning C-BONS Group Chigo Air-Conditioning Chongqing Lifan Industry Country Garden Delixi Group Fanhai Group Fosun Fuyao Group Gome Guangsha Group Hengda Group Hongqingting Group Hopson Development Jinyuan Group Kingkey Group Kingold Group Li Ning Macrolink Group Mengniu Group NetEase Nine Dragons Paper Pengnian Industries Redstar Furniture Shanda Interactive Entertainment Shanda Network Development Shanghai Chenxing Electronics Sun Television Cybernetworks Suntech Power Tiandi Group Wanxiang Group Xiyang Yida Group Yingtong Group