Norwich Union (part of Aviva)
When you pop into your local bank branch, do you know how much the cashier is getting paid? What about the security guard or the cleaner? Together we hold billions of pounds through our bank accounts, ISAs, pensions, and even insurance policies. This...
- Related stories: UK: Backed by investor coalition, JustPay! campaign calls on FTSE 100 companies to adopt a living wage
- Related companies: Aviva AXA BUPA Friends Provident Halifax (part of Lloyds) HBOS (part of Lloyds) HSBC Legal & General Lloyds TSB NatWest (part of Royal Bank of Scotland) Norwich Union (part of Aviva) Old Mutual Prudential plc RSA
Author: Andrew Wasley, Ecologist
An investigation by the Ecologist has revealed how leading banks, insurance providers, car manufacturers and brewery chains - amongst others - have pension funds or similar schemes invested in a company responsible for a controversial mine in Orissa...
- Related stories: UK companies linked to devastating Indian mine Vedanta Resources lawsuit (re Dongria Kondh in Orissa)
- Related companies: Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Aviva AXA Halifax (part of Lloyds) Land Rover (part of Tata) Lloyds TSB Molson Coors Norwich Union (part of Aviva) Prudential plc Tata Group Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Unilever Vedanta Resources
Author: Huma Qureshi, Guardian [UK]
Ethical and climate change funds that claim to be socially responsible are failing to invest in companies which support the environment, a new study claims. The report by independent financial adviser Holden & Partners reveals most ethical funds...
- Related companies: Aegon Allianz Associated British Foods Barclays BP E.ON F&C Asset Management GlaxoSmithKline HSBC Legal & General Lloyds TSB Neste Oil Norwich Union (part of Aviva) Premier Oil Schroders Shell SolarWorld Standard Life Suez Tesco Triodos Bank Vestas Wind Systems Virgin Group Virgin Money (part of Virgin Group) Vodafone
Author: Evan Mills, Staff Scientist, US Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory; Eugene Lecomte, President Emeritus of Institute for Business & Home Safety; for Ceres
...while climate change poses potential threats, it also creates vast new business opportunities... [Insurers] have a huge opportunity today to develop creative loss-prevention solutions and products that will reduce climate-related losses for...
- Related stories: Ceres report says insurers developing new products to tackle climate change, but more firms should offer such products
- Related companies: ACE Group Aegon Aetna AGF - Assurances Générales de France (part of Allianz) AIG Aioi Insurance Allianz Allstate American Modern Insurance (part of Midland Company) American National Insurance Aon Aspen Insurance Aviva AXA Berkshire Hathaway Chubb Group CIGNA Cincinnati Financial Duke Energy Ergo (part of Munich Re) Fireman's Fund (part of Allianz) FM Global GEICO (part of Berkshire Hathaway) General Motors Gerling Group GMAC (now Ally Financial) Goldman Sachs Groupama Hanover Insurance Harleysville Insurance Hartford Financial Services Hartford Steam Boiler (part of AIG) Insurance Australia Group KBC Legal & General Lloyd's of London Marsh & McLennan Marsh (part of Marsh & McLennan) Metlife Midland Company Millea Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (part of Sumitomo Group) Munich Re Nationwide Mutual Insurance Nedbank New York Life Norwich Union (part of Aviva) NSTAR Phoenix Companies Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Prudential plc Ras (part of Allianz) RNK Capital Safeco Solomon Associates (part of AIG) State Farm Insurance Storebrand Sumitomo Group Swiss Re Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Travelers UnumProvident USAA Wellpoint Zurich
Author: ACTSA [Action for South Africa]