Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Switzerland
Author: Stellar Murumba, Business Daily (Kenya)
"Cancer, diabetes drugs lowered to Sh100 monthly from December"...
- Related companies: Novartis
Novartis has contributed more than CHF 500,000 to the Swiss Red Cross and € 50,000 worth of medicines to the Austrian Red Cross. Our generics division, Sandoz, is urgently working to provide essential medicines to others in need. The Red Cross has...
- Related stories: How are companies responding to the refugee crisis in Europe?
- Related companies: Novartis
Author: Consejo Empresarial Mundial para el Desarrollo Sostenible
“¿Qué significa aplicar los Principios Rectores de la ONU sobre las Empresas y los Derechos Humanos?”, 10 de Agosto de 2015...
Author: Damiano de Felice & Jayasree K Iyer, Access to Medicine Foundation, on Guardian (UK)
The pharmaceutical industry plays a fundamental role in achieving international development targets. This was recognised in the millennium development goals (MDGs), which explicitly mention that providing access to affordable essential drugs in low-...
- Related stories: Access to Medicine Foundation report highlights steps taken by pharmaceutical firms to improve access to medicine
- Related companies: GlaxoSmithKline Merck Novartis
"The 2015 DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity", Apr 2015...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie Accenture ADP Aetna Allstate Anthem AT&T BASF Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Cox Communications (part of Cox Enterprises) Cox Enterprises Cummins Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Eli Lilly EY (Ernst & Young) General Mills Hilton IBM Johnson & Johnson Kaiser Permanente Kellogg KeyBank KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Marriott MassMutual MasterCard Merck Monsanto New York Life Nielsen Northrop Grumman Novartis PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Prudential Financial Rockwell Collins Sodexo Target TD Bank (see Toronto-Dominion Bank) TIAA-CREF Time Warner Verizon Walt Disney Wells Fargo Wyndham
Improving maternal health and access to contraceptives: Pharmaceutical companies’ contribution to MDG 5
Author: Access to Medicine Foundation
Pharmaceutical companies operationalise commitments to MDG 5 with a variety of initiatives. Ten of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies are taking some action to improve access to maternal health and family planning, by making public...
Author: Aman Malik, International Business Times
India and the United States have a problem in the pharmaceuticals sector. And drug-makers in both countries will be keenly watching whether President Barack Obama and Prime Minister Narendra Modi can do anything about it when the former comes visiting...
- Related stories: India: Discussions with business leaders at CEO Forum & patent laws among other topics to be discussed during Obama's visit India: Health activists fear decreased access to medicines for the poor - as govt reviews intellectual property laws
- Related companies: Gilead Sciences Novartis Ranbaxy Laboratories Wockhardt Zydus Cadila
Author: World Business Council for Sustainable Development
"New WBCSD issue brief identifies solutions to scaling up business action on human rights", 1 Dec 2014...
Author: Access to Medicines Index
- Related stories: 2014 Access to Medicines Index released - GSK, Novo Nordisk at top
- Related companies: AbbVie AstraZeneca Bayer Boehringer Ingelheim Bristol-Myers Squibb Daiichi Sankyo Eisai Eli Lilly Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Johnson & Johnson Merck Novartis Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Pfizer Roche Sanofi-Aventis Takeda Pharmaceutical