Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Denmark
[DOC] Statement by the Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights to the Sub-Committee on Human Rights of the European Parliament
Author: John Morrison, Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights (BLIHR)
The Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights... express intention has been to demonstrate how the Universal Declaration of Human Rights can be integrated into business management... Our member companies are...ABB, Areva, Barclays, Ericsson, Gap Inc...
- Related companies: ABB Areva Barclays Coca-Cola Ericsson Gap General Electric Google HP (Hewlett-Packard) Microsoft Mobile Telecommunications Company National Grid Newmont Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) PepsiCo RWE Sanofi-Aventis Statoil Suez Thames Water (part of RWE) Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Yahoo! Zain
[PDF] Side event at United Nations Durban Review Conference - “The workplace: Addressing racial discrimination & promoting diversity” [Geneva, 22 Apr]
Author: Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Organizers: Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and Business & Human Rights Resource Centre...
HP, Lafarge, Nike, Johnson & Johnson and other leading global corporations are cutting emissions by 50 million tons
Author: World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
Many WWF Climate Savers Companies gather in Washington to demonstrate to policymakers that emission cuts and economic growth can go hand-in-hand…Some of the world’s most iconic global corporations…announced an estimated 50 million tons of voluntary...
- Related companies: Coca-Cola Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (part of FRHI Hotels & Resorts) FRHI Hotels & Resorts HP (Hewlett-Packard) Johnson & Johnson JohnsonDiversey Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Nike Nokia Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) (joint venture Nokia and Siemens) Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Polaroid Sagawa Express Sony Tetra Pak (part of Tetra Laval)
BSR's "Beyond Monitoring" Group Enters New Phase of Global Collaboration for Sustainable Supply Chains
Author: Business for Social Responsibility (BSR)
...Business for Social Responsibility's (BSR) Beyond Monitoring Working Group enters a new phase of practical implementation and learning with the launch of a Virtual Forum to enable global collaboration among a network of companies committed to...
[PDF] Human rights guidelines for pharmaceutical companies in relation to access to medicines: The sexual and reproductive health context
Author: Rajat Khosla & Paul Hunt, Human Rights Centre, University of Essex
The application of human rights may vary from one type of actor to another…[T]he logic of human rights will inevitably lead to their application, in one form or another, to non-State actors…This briefing examines the issue of access to medicines in...
[PDF] Business and Migration: Perceptions from Denmark - A Compilation of Reflections by Danish Business and Organized Industry on Various Issues Related to Migration
Author: The Hague Process on Refugees and Migration (THP)
Business plays a central role in supporting the dynamics of international labor migration and development. While employers can benefit from sound migration management, responsible business and corporate labor market insight can render a valuable...
Author: Corporate Knights & Innovest Strategic Value Advisors
The Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations: Acciona, Accor, Adidas, Advanced Micro Devices, Aeon, Air France-KLM, Alcoa, Amazon.com, Atlantia, Atlas Copco, BASF, Baxter International, BG Group, BHP Billiton, British Land, British Sky Broadcasting,...
- Related stories: 2009 list of Global 100 "Most Sustainable Corporations" issued
- Related companies: Acciona Accor adidas Advanced Micro Devices AEON Air France KLM Alcoa Amazon.com Atlantia Atlas Copco BASF Baxter International BG Group BHP Billiton British Land British Sky Broadcasting Cable and Wireless Cairn Energy Capita Centrica Coca-Cola Crédit Agricole Daikin Danone Dell Deutsche Boerse Dexus Diageo East Japan Railway Eastman Kodak EnCana Eni Ericsson FPL Group Fresenius Medical Care Geberit Genzyme GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs H&M Hochtief Honda HP (Hewlett-Packard) Iberdrola Inditex Intel Kesko Kuraray L'Oreal Lafarge Land Securities Lend Lease London Stock Exchange Lonmin Michelin Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Munich Re Neste Oil Nike Nokia Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Novozymes NTT Data NTT Docomo NYK Line PG&E Pinnacle West Capital Procter & Gamble Prologis Prudential plc Reed Elsevier Group Ricoh Roche Royal Bank of Canada Sainsbury Saint-Gobain Saipem (part of Eni) SAP SCA Scania Sekisui Chemical Sims Group Smith & Nephew Sompo Japan State Street Statoil Stora Enso Swiss Re Telus TNT (part of TPG) Toppan Printing Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota TPG Transcanada Unilever United Technologies Vestas Wind Systems Walt Disney Wartsila Whitbread
Author: Saritha Rai, Intl. Herald Tribune
Western drug makers are ramping up their outsourcing of clinical research to...[India]...[N]ongovernmental organizations have criticized drug tests as exploitative and have said that India's poor will see no benefit from them, because the new...
[DOC] Over 230 Companies Worldwide Have a Public Human Rights Policy Statement, On Eve of the 60th Anniversary of the Universal Declaration
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre, Realizing Rights
To mark the 60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Realizing Rights and the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre have been encouraging more companies to adopt human rights policies...Currently over 230 company policy...
- Related companies: ABB Abbott Laboratories Aberdeen Asset Management ABN Amro adidas Aegon AGF - Assurances Générales de France (part of Allianz) Akzo Nobel Alcatel-Lucent Alcoa Alliance Boots (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) Alstom Anadolu Efes Anglo American Aramex Areva ArmorGroup (part of G4S) ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) Associated British Foods AstraZeneca Aviva Balfour Beatty Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Barclays Barrick Gold BASF Bayer BBVA BG Group BHP Billiton BMW Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) Boeing Bonnier Group Bouygues BP Brambles British Airways British American Tobacco BT Cable and Wireless Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Carrefour Casino Cemex Centrica Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Codelco Colgate-Palmolive Commerzbank Compass Group ConocoPhillips Continental AG Cosmo Oil Credit Suisse Daimler Danone De Beers Dell Deutsche Bahn Deutsche Telekom Diageo DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) EDF EMI EnCana Endesa (part of Enel) Eni Ericsson Eroski ExxonMobil Ferrovial Ford Fortis Freeport-McMoRan Friends Provident Fuji Photo Film Fujitsu G4S Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) GDF Suez General Electric General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Gold Fields Goodyear Grupo ACS HBOS (part of Lloyds) Henkel Hess Corporation Holcim HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC ICI IKEA Imperial Tobacco Indian Oil Corporation ING Intel InterContinental Hotels International Power ISS JFE Johnson Matthey KBC KfW Kimberly-Clark Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) KPN L'Oreal Lafarge Lagardère Levi Strauss Linde Lloyds TSB Lonmin Lundin Petroleum Man Group Marks & Spencer Marriott Marubeni Mazda McDonald's Merck Microsoft Mitchells & Butlers Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola National Grid NEC Neste Oil Nestlé Newmont Nexen Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Novozymes O2 (part of Telefónica) Occidental Petroleum OMV Pentland Group PepsiCo Persimmon Petro-Canada (part of Suncor) Petrobras Pfizer Posco Premier Oil PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Prudential plc Rabobank Reckitt Benckiser Reebok (part of adidas) Repsol YPF Rexam Ricoh Rio Tinto Rio Tinto Alcan (part of Rio Tinto) Roche Royal Philips Electronics SABMiller Sanofi Sara Lee Sasol SCA Securitas Seven & i Sharp Shell Siemens Signet Skanska Smiths Group SNS Reaal Société Générale Sodexo Sony Stagecoach Group Standard Chartered Standard Life Statoil Stora Enso Sumitomo Electric Industries (part of Sumitomo Group) Sumitomo Group Sun Microsystems Syngenta Talisman Tata Group Taylor Wimpey Telecom Italia Telefónica Tesco Timberland Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Tom's of Maine Tomkins Toshiba Total UBS Unilever United Utilities Vodafone Volvo Group Westpac Weyerhaeuser Whitbread Wolseley WPP Xerox Xstrata (part of Glencore) Yell Group