Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in India
Response rate: 100%
(click here for an explanation)
India: Delhi Solidarity Group report finds “violation of safety norms” and “tearing hurry” at power unit as key reasons behind Nov 2017 blast
Author: Indian Express
"Safety norms violation led to NTPC Unchahar tragedy: Report," 10 December 2017...
- Related stories: India: Blast at National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) coal plant in Raebareli killed 29
- Related companies: National Thermal Power Corporation NTPC
Author: Aruna Chandrasekhar, Wire
Norway’s Government Pension Fund Global (GPFG) – the world’s largest sovereign wealth or state-owned investment fund – continued to put a series of companies with Indian operations on its exclusion lists, citing human rights, environmental and climate...
In an attempt to gauge how Indian firms are coping with the interests of various stakeholders, a collaborative effort of non-profits—Oxfam India, Corporate Responsibility Watch, Praxis and Partners in Change—has put together the second edition of...
Author: Sandeep Singh & Shruti Srivastava, Indian Express
Forced to spend a portion of their profits on activities linked to corporate social responsibility (CSR) to meet the requirements of the Companies Act 2013, India’s top 50 companies that make up the benchmark Nifty index at the National Stock Exchange...
- Related stories: India: CSR spending increased, but more needs to be done
- Related companies: Axis Bank Bajaj Auto Bharat Petroleum Coal India (CIL) HCL Technologies HDFC Infosys ITC NTPC ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Reliance Industries Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Vedanta Resources
Author: Damian Carrington, Guardian (UK)
The 100 global power companies most at risk from growing pressure to shut highly polluting coal plants have been revealed in a new report from Oxford University....
- Related stories: Subcritical coal top 20: Engaging energy companies on climate & human rights impacts
- Related companies: AES Ameren American Electric Power China Guodian China Huadian China Power Investment China Resources Enterprises China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) Datang International Power Generation Duke Energy E.ON Edison International Eskom Huaneng Power International NRG Energy NTPC RWE Southern Company State Grid Corporation of China Vattenfall
Author: Council on Ethics, Norwegian Government Pension Fund
"Annual Report 2014: Council on Ethics for the Government Pension Fund Global", Dec 2014...
Author: Price Waterhouse Coopers Pvt. Ltd.
SEBI’s regulation in 2012 mandating the top 100 listed companies to report on their performance on the Business Responsibility Guidelines through Business Responsibility Reports (BRRs), along with their Annual Reports...The report sets out to document...
- Related companies: ABB ACC Limited (Associated Cement Companies) Aditya Birla Group Asian Paints Bajaj Auto Bharti Airtel Bosch Cairn Energy Canara Bank Cipla Coal India (CIL) Colgate-Palmolive Cummins Exide GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) GlaxoSmithKline Gujarat Ambuja Cements HDFC Hero Honda Hindalco (part of Aditya Birla Group) Hindustan Unilever ICICI Indian Oil Corporation Infosys Jindal Larsen & Toubro Lupin Mahindra & Mahindra Maruti Suzuki (part of Suzuki) Nestlé NHPC (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation - India) NTPC ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Oracle Ranbaxy Laboratories Reliance ADA Reliance Industries Shree Cement Siemens State Bank of India Suzuki Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Tata Steel (see Tata Iron and Steel) Titan Industries (joint venture Tata Group & Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation) Wipro Yes Bank Zee Zydus Cadila
Author: Shreeja Sen, Ruchira Singh & Aman Malik, Mint
The Supreme Court…scrapped the allocation of all but four of the 218 coal blocks awarded between 1993 and 2010. While the move gives the government an opportunity to make a fresh start and put in place a transparent rules-based regime in the...